Escape

Ranboo POV:

Present Day

"Well- I-... I uh-," Leon stammered out.

He's lying to me. He's trying to hide me from Umbrella.

Ethan told me not to trust Umbrella, so that's probably a good thing.

well, he told me not to trust anyone.

Even Leon?

"Look, imma be honest with you," Leon sighed, seemingly giving up on coming up with another lie.

"Go on."

"I-... I'm not allowed to tell you that much, but I can tell you that once I'm done getting ready, we're headed to a safe house," Leon said tentatively, strapping on his bulletproof vest and slinging his assault rifle over his shoulder.

He picked up his handgun, checked the magazine, and holstered it.

Ranboo watched as he walked over to his closet and pulled out a brown jacket, holding it out in Ranboo's direction.

"Here, put this on," Leon said.

"Why?" Ranboo asked.

"Because you look cold."

"Leon, this is Hunnigan. Please respond," Leon's radio crackled out, causing both Leon and Ranboo to jump a little.

"Uhhh Leon here, what's going on?" the officer asked as he tried to turn down the volume of the radio.

"You've been made. That little stunt of grabbing him and taking him to the house blew your cover. Umbrella Security Service is en route to your location. I highly suggest getting out of there," the lady on the radio responded.

Cover blown? What the hell?

"Leon, what does she mean your cover was blown!?" Ranboo shouted in confusion.

"Not a good time, Ran," Leon held his hand up to Ranboo in an attempt to silence him, opening his mouth to respond to the radio lady.

"No," Ranboo swatted his hand away, "What cover is she talking about? Are you really a police officer!?"

Leon turned to give Ranboo his full attention.

"Mark, I can explain. I just can't right now. Right now, we've got to get outta here."

What the fuck? Something bigger is going on here and I'm caught right in the middle of it.

Ranboo nodded and Leon turned back to his radio.

"Situation acknowledged. Please advise," Leon spoke into the radio with a stressed look on his face.

"I've contacted an MI6 agent that's in the area. He will arrive at your location in three minutes," the radio lady replied sharply.

"Copy that. Leon, out," Leon said, putting down the radio and grabbing the M4A1  that was slung on his back.

He checked the magazine and put a bullet in the chamber before clicking on the safety.

Ranboo looked at the gun in fear as he put on Leon's brown jacket.

Noticing Ranboo's obvious fear, Leon held the gun up and put his free hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry, Ran. This isn't for you. This is just in case the bad guys show up," Leon said with a grin.

"That doesn't help at all!" Ranboo backed away from Leon.