A Little Treat

I lied Ignihyde in two chapters instead of this one

Everything felt light again with the air cleared. Of course Azul would forgive you for your little outburst, he already knew you were a bit erratic. And knowing the eel twins for so long, he's probably used to weirdos. Still, you hadn't quite come to terms with your realization that you had feelings for your boss. Your slimy, sneaky, insecure, handsome, protective, brilliant boss. But there was a certain comfort in being around him normally, and with the tips pouring in and the customers' kindness on full display, you felt a little better about life in general, almost as if things could turn out okay for you.
"Excellent work today, boys!" You bounce into the office, spinning on your heel and flopping on the couch, head landing lightly in Floyd's lap. He pats your head, Jade snickering at Azul's little jealous pout that you can't see from your current position. Azul contemplates yanking Floyd away and slipping himself into his seat, but doesn't want to make his envy obvious.
"You did so good, Sea Bunny-chan! I'm so glad you didn't quit on us," Floyd coos. You can't believe that this guy, of all people, is a pretty good friend.
"Me too, I have fun with you guys," you let out a sigh that's a mix of contented, relieved, and sorrowful. "I'm sorry I still couldn't fully trust you after all this time. I think I'm over that now..." you yawn, burying yourself further into Floyd's lap. "I like you three a lot..." with your guard fully let down, you allow yourself to pass out right there, totally vulnerable to these men who could hurt you so easily, but you know won't. You're genuinely making progress as a person, and it's shocking, but it's the best you've felt in such a long time.

When you wake up an hour later, you don't feel Floyd's warm thighs under your head. Instead, a soft, shell shaped pillow supports you. You groggily turn on your side and see Jade absent from the other couch as well. You do, however, hear the faint scratching of a pencil on paper coming from Azul's desk.
"Mnmmm," you groan as you lift your body from the couch to look at the object of your desire. Your beloved merman has the sweetest smile on his face, his focus on whatever he was writing down. His face brightens a little more when he lifts his eyes to acknowledge you.
"Good morning!" He gives you that radiant close-eyed smile.
"M-morning? Did I really sleep that long?" You ask, rubbing your eyes. Azul chuckles.
"No, no. You've only been out for an hour," Azul gets up from his desk and walks over to you, crouching down to your level. "You worked hard today. Let me take you to dinner as a thank you," he offers his hand and you take it, grinning madly. You feel like your face could tear apart the way you're smiling, and you feel like you could smile even wider if you didn't need to conceal your feelings for him. He sort of asked you on a date, in a way.
"I can't say no to free food," you let him pull you off the comfy couch and lead you outside.

"Looks like rain," you comment, noticing heavy clouds above the NRC campus.
"Well, I don't mind a little water," Azul says. You jokingly shove him.
"I do. This dress is dry clean only," you remind him.
"I will pay for any cleaning costs. Perhaps I should buy you a second dress as well?"
"Get me a nice little club dress, so I can wear it in my regular life. I like to show a little more thigh than this," Azul blushes. He's glad he has control over your work uniform, because if you showed so much skin everyday, his head just might explode. It was hard enough not to grab you and pull you close as it is.
"Never mind, I need you to dress appropriately at work," he deflects.
"Hmph. I'm sure your customers wouldn't mind!" You playfully pout.
"Heh, they definitely wouldn't, but we have a professional image to maintain."
You walk for 20 minutes, letting Azul lead you to wherever it was you would be eating. Even a few days ago, you'd be worrying that he'd actually be leading you into an alley to kill you and eat you, that your misplaced trust would be your downfall. But that feeling is surprisingly absent. It's an alien feeling to you, but you actually like it. It had been far too long since you last let new people into your heart, with a mutual friend of yours and Amelia's being the last person before your work buddies you accepted before this, and that was nearly three years ago at this point. You smile contentedly, engaging in small talk with your dear sweet sea creature.
"Coach Vargas really chased me down trying to give me a special lesson on my birthday! I swear, that man is going to kill me..." Azul complains. You make a mental note to chew this Vargas guy out if you ever run into him.
"He can't kill you! I'm the one who's supposed to be the death of you!" You joke. Azul whines.
"I can't catch a break anywhere!" You laugh, sending Azul's poor heart into orbit. He planned to bring you on much more outings, longing to see your happiness as often as possible. The two of you finally show up at a decently fancy restaurant. It isn't so high class that you feel like you're walking into another world, but it was somewhere the two of you would fit in with your elegant outfits. It was a smart choice on Azul's part, a place where you would feel like you're being spoiled without feeling like you don't belong. You're about to tell Azul that he shouldn't be buying you such a pricey dinner, but you shut your mouth when you remember he won't let you say no to this. It was time to let him treat you the way he thought you deserved.