House Tour

After a tense breakfast (with Azul and Jade watching in horror and amazement as you shoved multiple pastries down your throat), the three of you went back to the Octavinelle dorm. Azul was still recovering from his anger and embarrassment while Jade kept an eye on him, lest he explode. You walked a little ahead of them, deciding to ignore the heavy atmosphere. It was still too early for these levels of emotion. You were unsure if it was ever not too early for this level of emotion, actually. The people at this school were a little intense. At least they kept you entertained. You were a little thankful that Floyd was at a club meeting instead of spreading his chaotic energy around while you fought to stay awake. "So, is it time for that dorm tour yet?" You finally ask, needing something to do. Azul and Jade pull themselves out of their uncomfortable trance. Jade gets a wicked idea.
"You and Azul should go ahead. I have, uh, laundry to do," Jade quickly leaves you and a very pissed off Azul to do your thing. Thinking quickly, Azul wipes his deer in the headlights look off his face and clears his throat, putting his suave facade back on.
"Shall we?" He extends his arm the same way he did the previous day at the festival. You snort a little, but accept. His ability the do a complete 180 emotionally is a little admirable to you.
"Show me how the other half lives," you half-joke. What you've seen of the dorm is already much more lavish than anywhere you've ever lived. You imagine the rest is equally decadent.
Azul leads you down one of the hallways first. The underwater view is one you've seen before, but it remains unbelievably gorgeous. You know many of the students in this dorm hail from the Coral Sea, a place you've obviously never visited due to a distinct lack of gills. It occurs to you that you've never seen any gills on Azul and the twins. You knew they were from the Coral Sea, you knew that they were some type of mermen, but their necks have always been bare, yet you've never seen a single slit on the sides of them. You lift your right hand to the side of his neck, left hand resting in the crook of his elbow. Azul shudders a little, but after being touched multiple times in one day, he's beginning to learn how to control his reactions. You examine the skin of his neck closely.
"What are you doing, Y/n?" He asks much calmer than he has been when you make contact.
"Looking for gills," you say like it's the most normal thing on earth. Azul chuckles and softly pushes your hand away.
"You won't find them there."
"Then where're you hiding them?" You pry. Azul gets a little nervous, but doesn't show it.
"It's a secret~" Azul is not ready to reveal his octopus form to you. You pause for a second.
"Azul, where are an octopus's gills on their body?" You stick out your tongue slightly, wiggling your fingers. You're ready to grab at him the second he answers your question.
"Look it up yourself, you still won't find them on me," you grimace at him, dropping your trigger ready fingers to your side in disappointment. He lets out a small laugh. You look cute when you've been bested. You let it go (for now) and let him lead you along.
Your escort finally brought you to the jewel of any NRC dorm; the lounge. The sight makes you gasp. The sheer purple curtain were pulled to the sides of the window to reveal a colorful array of coral. Every window was separated by artificial cave walls, reminding you of a bar you worked at once, though the walls were much cleaner here. The purple room was lit by octopus inspired chandeliers and bright lights decorated with plants. The furniture was a little different from the Mostro Lounge. The backs of the couches were lower and the whole atmosphere felt more relaxed, like people weren't expected to be as put together here as they were at the restaurant. Eloquent as ever, you react appropriately to the room in front of you.
"This place is worth more than my entire life!" It wasn't the reaction Azul expected, but it was so You that it made him laugh hysterically. You went to crash on one of the couches. "Wake me up in a few days," Azul goes to sit next to your head on the couch.
"You know, there's still more of the dorm to see," he's still laughing a little. You stop that when you scoot over and rest your head on his lap. His breath catches in his throat.
"Unless you got a more comfortable place in this joint, I'm staying right here," desperate to get your head out of his lap before he loses his cool again, Azul blurts out something he probably shouldn't have.
"My room is more comfortable!" He immediately face palms after saying this.
"Azul, getting real bold, are ya!" You laugh. Azul dies inside.
"Don't get any ideas!" He cries out. He jumps up to get your face away from his thighs. You reluctantly pick yourself up off the couch. Azul doesn't offer up his arm this time, so you take it for yourself, leaning your head on his shoulder while you're at it. 'Why is she like this!?' Azul screams internally the entire way to his room.
Azul's room was just as over the top as the rest of the dorm. "Man, the room you have me staying in isn't nearly this big!" You exclaim in jealousy.
"Dorm head privileges."
You don't really bother to examine the room before jumping on the bed. "Y/n, are you really still tired? It's past 2 pm at this point," Azul seems concerned by your lethargy.
"Just kind of a night owl. You know, this bed is pretty big for one person. You should give it to me, I move around a lot in my sleep," you say with your head buried in one of his gold accented pillows.
"I earned this bed! Being a dorm head isn't easy, you know."
"Come oooon, don't be greedy, share with me. My bed at home kills my back," as much as Azul loves the thought of you sleeping next to him, he wouldn't let himself think about it. It would just be too disappointing when he remembers it wasn't actually going to happen. Instead, he kicks off his shoes and lies down on the other side of the bed, the side closer to the window. He slung his hands behind his head and crossed his left leg over the right. He made sure to stay as far to his side of the bed, afraid to get too close again. He had reached his physical contact limit for the day, maybe even for a lifetime. You turn away from him and see the safe he keeps by his bed. "Another safe? How much do you have to hide?"
"I need to keep my money secure, especially when I have someone like you hanging around all the time," you giggle at his friendly jab.
"Fair enough," you do a 180 to face Azul, who intentionally keeps his gaze away from your face. The blush on his cheeks is very faint, but you can just make it out. 'I wonder... does this guy like me? Or is he just awkward around girls? Shy dudes are so much harder to read.' You find yourself a little conflicted. You didn't want to lead him on if he did like you, but you were naturally affectionate to people you trusted. Would it be leading him on? It was possible you had feelings for him too. It was hard to tell. He wasn't your usual type, but your exes weren't the greatest, maybe trying something new would be good. Then again, he was your boss and your friend. Messing up the balance of the relationship could be disastrous for you. You didn't even know if he liked you or if you liked him. It was best to ignore the thought for now and continue as normal. Normal meaning that you moved closer to him so that your bodies are pressed against each other, exactly what Azul was trying to avoid. His body goes as stiff as a plank of wood.
"Nap time," is all you say before passing out, trapping Azul in a position that is physically uncomfortable but in his heart feels like heaven. All he can do is stare at the ceiling and hope he can force himself into a nap to make this situation pass faster.