𝙰𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚕 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚎

Start from the beginning

"Is Aelin Galathynius with you?"

Gavriel's words were like a knife through the air, Fenrys ate away from his bowl, eyes flicking between Gavriel and Rowan's expressionless face which gave no hint or reaction to the other male's words, from the corner of his eye Fenrys could see the young King of Adarlan looking to each of them, as if he didn't quite know where to look, fearful that glancing at anyone of them may get him sentenced to death.

Rowan gave a single shake of his head, "My Queen is not in our company" the silver haired Whitethorn wore a sour expression on his face that would have made Lorcan proud, Fenrys spooned some more food into his mouth, fighting a groan of satisfaction as the different flavoured melted into his taste buds.

Gavriel got up and dragged across a set of chairs for the two, ignoring Rolfe as he stayed a small distance away, by the banister. Head leant against the dark wood, the mild amusement etched onto his face had Fenrys looking at him twice before turning back to his meal.

Rowan sounded more then displeased when he asked, "Tell me whatever the hell this news is" he hadn't accepted the offer of seating from Gavriel as he still stood, the King of Adarlan by his side, no doubt following every one of Whitethorns actions,

Fenrys was shovelling the spoon into his mouth when he sensed Gavriel look to him, he met the older's stare but made a gesture for him to talk as he munched on the contents of the spoon. 

"Maeve's Armada sails for this continent"

Rowan's answering response was sharp, "Is that Bitch allying with Morath?" 

Fenrys' stomach plummeted at the name he called their queen, forgetting Rowan no longer had any ties to Maeve, he felt a part of his heart rupture at the envy that tugged in his chest, 

Rowan's head snapped to Rolfe, "Are you allying with her?"

Rolfe's eyes narrow at the accusation but made no comment as Gavriel leaned in closer, speaking, "No"

"I told you I want no part in this war" Rolfe now said, expression softening into one of boredom, shrugging he looked to each of them, the room was growing warmer with the heat of Rowan's magic, which he probably didn't realise he was even releasing.

"Maeve isn't the sort to share power" Gavriel continued, he had centuries over them all in age and had been one of Maeve's longest serving warriors, his words had made Fenrys stomach flip a little, Brielle had to be on a ship by now. or he hoped. Something old inside him twisted, a feral and primal thing clawing it's way to the surface at the thought of what he would do to Maeve if she harmed his mate.

"We got word that she was readying her Armada to leave— for Eyllwe"

The young king behind Rowan paled at the words, looking to each of them before stopping on Rowan, "Why Eyllwe? Is it be possible she could be sending aid?"

Rowan didn't answer the King's question as he folded his arms over his chest, rubbing a thumb into his lower lip, he froze before sending his former friends a hard stare, "You got word? from who?"

"Brielle" Gavriel said quickly, Rowan passed a look to Fenrys as the other male spoke, "I doubt she's sending aid to anyone at all— at least not where this continent is concerned. And again, we didn't get specific reasons for why"

Fenrys' hand twitched to reach for the letter that sat heavy inside his cloak pocket, after a heart beat and careful consideration he reached inside and pulled it from within, he felt as Rowan's eyes tracked his movement, they narrowed when he saw the parchment.

Fenrys held it out in front of him for the other male to take. Rowan hesitated for a second before stepping forward to take the letter, he unfolded it and began to read, the King leaned over his shoulder to read it but frowned unable to read the old Language written on the page.