Brother

It was foolishness to challenge a king.

That was what everyone in the throne room thought to themselves the moment they heard it.

Never challenge an older man whose profession was to endure an immense amount of hard work and commit tons of bloodshed. As those who were older were able to survive were stronger and more tolerant to pain and suffering. They were the perfect dummies for pain tolerance, once could say, and they were rewarded with life.

Though no one knows what the king went through, even his queen, it is presumed that he went through what no man could besides his ancestors.

And perhaps, the challenger will be going through what the king went through.

A fight to the death.

...

"You foolish boy..." The king's voice echoed through the throne room, giving everyone in the room a very tensed feeling.

Hikigaya said nothing, his stale expression showing no fear.

The only thing the king could read were his blinking patterns.

"You don't seem terrified of me. And you seem extremely confident about this fight." He was intrigued by his behavior. But that didn't mean that he was afraid of him.

Still, Hikigaya spoke only with the wind.

"Since you're not going to talk... You may as well wait for everything to be prepared. Knights, please escort the boy to one of the guest rooms to reside in. Maids, escort my daughters to their rooms. Hayato, you may stay wherever you want in this castle."

With his orders in commence, the entire royal knight battalion surrounded Hikigaya, escorting him into his guest room. The maids separated to 3 groups, escorting Haruno, Yukino, and Komachi to their respected rooms. Yui, who wasn't given any orders, decided it was best to follow Yukino. And Hayato, with mixed feelings about this incident, went outside.

With only the king and queen left in the room,

"Sometimes, I hate these rules that we have to abide to." She says to her husband.

"But that is how I won you, didn't I?" He spoke, looking at her frowned upon state.

"But a wise king doesn't seek war, he finds a way for peace and harmony."

The king scoffed, "This isn't even a war, it's only a death match. That boy is trying to steal our daughter, still, I have to follow the rules. And that's a great quote though, we should keep it in our library of quotes when this is over."

"That boy... the moment my eyes locked onto him... I could sense the imminent danger from within. There is no way his heart is completely filled with good intent or any of the matter." The queen's body shivered, remembering her first introduction of him. "Do you remember the border incident from 5 years ago when our knights were mysteriously slaughtered?"

"He saved our daughter. It's only common sense that he was rewarded. When I looked into him; I saw that he wasn't looking for money or fame. He looked as if he was on a conquest for something. Who knows, maybe he wants to find love and he chose our daughter. Unfortunately, he chose the wrong woman to love."

The queen stands up from her throne chair and walks out of the room.

And with that, the king was now alone.

...

"This is not your fault, Yukino. You had no control over this. He willingly did it on his own accord." Yui tried to calm her panicked friend in her room.