Foolishness

The sounds of metal making contact with force as powerful as an elephant stomp. Their breathing pace are out of control. They do their best to control their breathing pace to restore their stamina.

And after a few seconds, they charge at again with full force as strong as a bull's charge.

None of them were able to make a dent on each other's weapon.

Until one of them countered by swinging the enemy's weapon to the left with her own weapon, she kicked her as much as she could to gain some distance.

The woman who received the end of the kick tires out, on her knees, gasping for air.

"I am up one more point." The winner says.

"Dammit, Yukino, I was able to force you to use your ice powers, but now I can't seem to even make you look like you're trying. What happened in that 1 month?" Komachi sits down on the ground to rest her legs.

"Have you been practicing since I was gone? At least with anyone else?" Yukino asks her, walking up to her and looking her down.

"Well.. Haruno was busy with her responsibilities... so I chose Yui to spar with me. Of course, we were both equaled just like last time." Komachi stood up, looking straight at Yukino's eyes.

"Well fighting your equal does improve your skills, but maybe not as much as fighting a person who triumphs in every aspect. Maybe that's why..." Yukino looks at Hikigaya who sat on the bench next to the arena, reading the same book over and over.

"You're looking at him again." Her younger sister whispered in her ear.

"I see that. A-Anyway, Yui should be here anytime now since she's free today."

"You invited her?"

"Well I haven't seen her in so long after I was kidnapped. So yes, I am eager to see her as much as she is."

"Alright, while we wait for her. How about you ask Hikigaya if he wants to spar with one of us? I want to see what he is capable of." Komachi pressures her.

"I am not so sure if he will accept my invitation." With doubt and nervousness in her mind, Yukino was unsure.

"C'mon, he's reading a book. I am also not quite sure why he is using a katana in this time and age. I'm sure he can learn a thing or two from me." She only points out what she thinks are his weaknesses.

"Well looks can be deceiving. Trust me, Komachi, you do not want to spar with him. Especially with an actual metal sword."

"I am aware that he's strong, which is why he was able to kill those kidnappers that you said easily. I just want to test him. I think I'm tough enough to keep up with him."

"Yahallo."

"AH!" Komachi screamed, moving behind Yukino's back with lightning speed that could match a certain male.

"It's good to see you, Yui. I didn't realize you were behind us." With a huge smile on her face, Yukino embraced her childhood friend.

"Mhm! I miss you too! I was so scared and depressed when you were gone. I didn't know what to do if you were gone forever." Yui and Yukino finishes their embrace. "And yes, I decided to sneak behind you guys to scare Komachi. And it seems that I successfully did it."

"Honestly, how on earth do you keep doing that?" Komachi asks.

"I have my ways. What is more curious is that you should've detected me when I was near you, Yukino. What happened to that skill?" Yui asks her. A month ago, the past Yukino would've noticed Yui sneaking up on her about 5 meters away.