Chapter Ten: The Auction

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

(act ii)

THE AUCTION

'a few good men'

"He had a word, too. Love, he called it. But I had been sued to words for a long time. I knew that that word was like the others; just a shape to fill a lack" by William Faulkner in 'As I Lay Dying'

 I knew that that word was like the others; just a shape to fill a lack" by William Faulkner in 'As I Lay Dying'

The Next Day

Bonnie, Davina, and I stayed at the hospital overnight, watching over Shelia. Her condition was getting better; the doctors said she was fine, just exhausted.

Bonnie was upset and seething about Gram's condition. She blamed Elena for it, which was justified. She told Elena we didn't need Shelia; we were fine, just the three of us, but no, she had to go against our wishes. Elena also never called to check up on Bonnie, which annoyed her immensely. She was growing distant towards Elena, which was good considering all the drama Elena brought.

Enzo and Jeremy came along after I called them to see Grams. They left earlier this morning since they had to go to school and work. Bonnie and I had teleported back to the house a while ago to change for school.

 Bonnie and I had teleported back to the house a while ago to change for school

We were about to leave for school since Shelia was in good condition. I picked up my jacket when Bonnie walked into the room with a glass of water for Shelia and told me, "Damian called. He's trying to get away from Uni to come and see me. I told him about Grams he said he wants to meet her."

I smiled and hugged her, saying, "That's great, Bon. You need someone to care about you, unlike Elena. His good for you; I can see it. He makes you happy. That's all I want for you."

She pulled away and said, "I know he's so sweet. I miss him. Thank you"

I nodded and asked, "Has Elena called you yet?"

Bonnie scowled and said, "No. I'm still mad about her bringing Grams to the ritual. I told her not to!" she was interrupted when her phone buzzed. She pulled her phone out and looked at it, and her scowl deepened, but her eyes turned sad.