She laughed nervously. "H-hold on, I don't like this position."

He rolled his eyes. "My bad. Didn't know you were picky about the way I rescued you." But he switched to carrying her bridal style, and she wrapped her arms around his neck. He peered down at her once, and then began to run home.

"Sir!" she yelped. "Why are you running so fast with an injured person in your arms?"

He held onto her tighter. "Because I have an injured person in my arms."

They arrived at the base, and Lee Know let go of a hand to press a button on the elevator. He still managed to carry her with one arm, although she believed she deserved half the credit for holding onto his neck so well.

She squeezed her eyes shut as a wave of nausea rolled over her. The shock was wearing off, and her ankle was screaming with every movement.

"Almost there," Lee Know murmured. "Hold on for just a bit longer, Yun."

"Yeah, yeah," she mumbled incoherently. "I can do that."

They got to the fourth level, and Lee Know slowly walked towards the Stray Kids' infirmary, trying not to jostle her leg. The members gasped as they saw him walk by with Yun in his arms, but a quick look from him kept them in their seats. Felix brought his hands together to beg the universe for her healthiness, who was sitting beside an exhausted Changbin.

Lee Know gently placed her on the bed in the infirmary and rolled up her pants so that her ankle was revealed. It was turning an ugly shade of purplish-yellow and swelling up quickly.

Yun suddenly laughed, which strangely made her more alert. Lee Know stared at her in intense concern.

"You run a lot faster than I expected with a person in your arms," she explained, with a wide smile on her face. She watched as he grabbed the material he needed.

He worked on her ankle as he spoke. "I could carry you around all day without breaking a sweat, trust me. Three-fucking-gym-racha made sure of that."

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Show-off."

He didn't exactly mind her insults. If anything, he enjoyed her quips.

"Was the mission successful?" Yun asked.

"Yes. J. Kon died, didn't he? And his club is destroyed."

She thought about the friends she spared. "Mhm. It was a good club, though. I liked the women there."

"You'll see them again someday." Lee Know studied her wrapped ankle for a second before standing up. "Your ankle should be better in a few days. Since you were, you know, slicing his throat as he twisted your ankle, it didn't have much power in it. You should be fully recovered by next week."

She smiled up at him. "Thank you. I owe you."

He shook his head. "No. Just worry about healing. I'll check up on you again. You don't – and never will – owe me anything."

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

As promised, Lee Know came into her room the next day to check up on her ankle. She sat on the edge of the bed, and he squatted down to take a look.

"How is it today?" he said, probing it.

Yun winced. "Sore."

He patted her knee. "You'll be fine. I'll come again tomorrow."

And every single day without fail, Lee Know came back to check up on Yun's ankle. It was strange how the better medics wouldn't check up on her, but she didn't mind. Lee Know hardly ever talked to her in general, and when he did, she enjoyed it.

The missions paused for everybody in Stray Kids.

"When can I start going on missions again?" Yun asked.

"Soon," Lee Know said. "Besides, we don't have any missions to go on yet. Just rest, Yun."

Finally, on the checkup two weeks after the sprain, he announced that she could resume normal activities.

"Don't overexert yourself or injure your ankle again. I don't care or rescue anybody the second time around."

She couldn't help the flash of hurt on her face. Was she really just an 'anybody' to him?

As if he could read her mind, he lowered his eyes. "But as your leader, I'll come back for you."

"Thanks," she murmured.

"Likewise."

Long after he left, the warm feeling in her heart stayed.

————

i wonder what that feeling is?