"Hey! where are you going?"

"Work."

She turned and left as always running from any topic that concernes her.

Now i have to think about myself. I mean i would like to be the heir but i would not want to get married to one. Especialy not after knowing that he is in love with my sister. Goodness i can't even think about it.
I go to my office to do some paper work myself. I made some new contracts with some vendors. My business hopefully is going well. Even thought it makes me stressed and tired sometimes but it still feels good to have something that makes me feel like a normal person. Not just a princess. A woman with value and will in this life.

Just as i finish my work, the emperor's attendant informes me that his majesty requested an audiance with all the princes and me.

I go prepare for the evening. I decided to wear a formal dress instead of my colorful flashy dresses.

I enter the audiance room

I enter the audiance room. Accross the room, the emperor sitting on his chair. Valentina standing next to him. She was wearing a black suit.

And her hair tied up in a ponytail

And in front of them, Charlos, Nathalian, Theodor, Leonardo and Romeo standing. The duke and the rest of the council members sitting in the corner.

I stand next to Nathalian not glancing at Theodor even thought i can feel his eyes on me. I try to breath properly.
I am not going to let him control me.

"Good evening. Today we are gathered for i have taken my decision of who should be the future ruler who would lead our country in the futur,"he said.

"Prince Charlos from now on you are the crown prince and the future of our beloved country. I hope you would respect and cherich your new position and take the power which is granted to you seriously. May you become a fair ruler."

I look around to see everyone agreeing with his decision not even surprised. How come none of them tried to even question why wasn't i chosen? Because i am a woman. Even after every achievement they still prefere him.
Bastards.

Anger floating throught my veins. I can feel my breathing getting faster. I don't think i will be able to contain myself. Suddenly i feel a hand on my shoulder. A soft hand that makes my anger fade away instantly. I felt peace reign my body. Until i realised it was Theodor's hand. I look at him to find him already staring at me. He stares at me as if he should memorise every detail on my face. He thighen his grip on my shoulder as if i am a breath that can fade away any minute.
I snap back to reality and push his hand from my shoulder. I look in front of me and stand more firmly. My feathers emotionless as ever. I look at the emperor who is giving his speech then at Valentina who is staring at me then at Theodor. She is frowning now. Not confused. But aware. I don't know what does she think she discovered. I hope i am not in trouble.

"The meeting is concluded. You are dissmissed."

I practically run toward the exit. Hoping i could avoid any company. But my sister of course catches up to me.

"What is going on between you two, hein?" She said with an angry ton.

"What do you mean? I don't undrestand"

"You completly undrestand. Now speak."
She demanded.

"Nothing is happening. Don't exagerate. By the way aren't we going to talk about how the emperor chose Charlos instead of me?"

"That was predictable Valeria."

"But why. Why him and not me." I said my voice rising a pitch.

"Because he doesn't want you to be in the front line. People and especialy the nobality would not accept that the son of the crown prince whom they support wouldn't be the heir. Also, the emperor wants you to marry him so you can be the future empress. Then you would be safe while ruling beside him."

"I refuse to be under his wing. Not to mention that he loves you, Valentina. I would never marry a man who thinks every night about my sister. That is ridicilous!"

"Alright alright. I was only explaining the reason behind his majesty's decision. Noone would force you into a marriage you declined. I will make sure it would never happen."

"Thank you. Now if you excuse me i really wish to rest. Good evening."
I turn to leave to my chambers. Just as i enter i find Theodor standing in the middle of my bedroom.

"Valeria I-"

"Leave." I said firmly.

"No. Please let me explain."

"I am really exhausted. And unable to listen to whatever nonesense you'll be spouting so just get out!"

"But i love you." He said as i felt my legs grew weaker. Tired of carrying me. How can he say such words easly without meaning them.

"Get. the hell. out my room. Now!"
He stares at me with disbelief. His eyes wide. He looked horrified. As if i just stabbed him in the hearth. Then he looked at the door and the space between us. He opened his mouth to say something but he was too stunned to speak. He gave up and bargged out without turnning back.