Fire ignited in between our fingertips

Riley's POV

The doctors said that I could go home in 3 or 4 days. They have to run some more test and I'm going to be on crutches for a while. I still don't remember my dad or mom or my little brother. Maya and I have been hanging out a lot though so she has been catching me up on all things Matthews. She also told me more about this Lucas. Apparently he is extremely gorgeous and a known player but had a soft spot for me. But what I don't understand is, if he liked me so much, why hasn't he come to see me?

Right now, I'm in my room watching "I didn't do it" on TV. My mom and dad will be stopping by in a little while. They said they wanted me to get to know them since I don't remember them.

In mental exhaustion, I decided to take a nap.

Maya's POV

At school on Monday, I looked everywhere for Lucas. I called and texted him all weekend with no response. He wasn't at school all day. When the final bell rang, I decided enough is enough. He needs to come and meet Riley.

I caught the subway right after school and made my way to Lucas's apartment building. I rang the doorbell and waited. Finally, Lucas answered the door.

When he saw me, he rolled his eyes,"What do you want?"

"You need to come with me to the hospital,now." I demanded, grabbing his wrist.

"Babe, are you coming back to bed?" A female voice calls flirtatiously from inside the house.

Suddenly, a girl wrapped in a sheet came and wrapped her arms around Lucas.

Missy Bradford.

"What the hell, Lucas?" I yelled.

"What?" He played dumb.

I slapped him,"You're being an idiot."

"Why do you want me to come to Hospital so badly?" He yells angrily.

I scowled,"I'll explain when we get there."

"No," he narrowed his eyes at me,"Tell me what is going on. Why are you trying to force me to the place where the most amazing person I have ever met died?"

I sighed,"Riley is....um.."

"What? Riley is what?" He demanded anxiously.

"Riley is alive."I told him.

Instead of jumping up and down in excitement, he got in my face,"I can't believe you would say that. That's not possible. What kind of soulless person are you?"

"Lucas,"I looked him in the eye,"it's true. If you come with me to the hospital, I'll prove it to you."

He glanced at Missy and then looked back at me and he hesitantly agreed. He sent Missy away and put on a blue sweater and blue jeans.

Today was going to be an eventful day.

Lucas's POV

I can't believe Riley is alive. Unless Maya is lying. But I don't think she would do that, that was her best friend. But how? I don't understand this.

Maya and I pulled up to the hospital at 12:25. I walked in slowly, not knowing what to expect inside that building. As I walked inside, Maya stopped me at the door.

"Lucas, there's one thing I have to tell you before you go in there," she told me,"Riley's memory is gone. The only person she remembers is me."

I was shocked but I nodded. Maya guided me to the same hospital room that I was crying in a few days ago. I took a deep breath and walked in.

A beautiful brunette looked up at me when I walked in.

"Hello." She smiled,"I'm Riley."

I felt my eyes pop out of my head,"Oh my God."

"I'll leave you two alone." Maya mumbled as she left the room.

"I'm..I'm..um.. L-Lucas Friar." I stuttered.

"Lucas." She stated,"I've heard about you."

Riley's POV

So I'm finally meeting Lucas. Maya was right, he is unbelievably gorgeous. He seemed shocked when he looked at me. I don't remember him but something about him seems very familiar.

"All good things, I hope." He replied.

"Of course." I smiled.

He moved slowly towards me and sat in the chair. He placed his hand on mine and it felt like fire ignited in between our fingertips.

"So, Riley."He smiled weakly,"Do you have any memory of me?"

Wait a minute, I've heard this voice before.

*Flashback*
"Riley, it will be okay." A male voice promised,"You'll be okay."

A thumb rubbed my hand.

"Stay with me," He whispered into my ear," Riley, stay with me."

*Flashback over*

I looked at him and smiled,"I remember your voice."

"Just my voice?" He asked.

"For now." I smiled,"But I'm working on the memory thing."

He nodded,"Do you remember any specific thing I said?"

I nodded,"Yes. You were telling me to stay with you. And that everything would be okay."

His cheeks turned red,"That was in the ambulance. Do you remember why you were in the ambulance?"

"Um no," I looked down at my lap,"but Maya and my parents told me everything that happened. Including that you saved me."

"Yeah."he smiled,"kinda."

"I never got the chance to thank you for that. So thank you." I told him.

"Anything for you." He stroked my hair.

Then he did something I didn't expect. His soft lips collided with mine and it felt like fireworks exploded between our lips. I touched his cheek and then gracefully moved my hand to the back of his neck. He had his strong hands at the small of my back.

That ignited a memory.

*Flashback*

A boy in a light blue v-neck and blue jeans walked in. He had beautiful eyes and he was definitely not ugly.

*Flashback over*

"Lucas." I broke the kiss,"I remember something."

"You do?" He smiled.

I nodded,"The day we met."

"Anything else?"

I thought for a moment, straining to remember something,"Nope."

"Well," he kissed my forehead,"It's a start."

He stayed for a few more minutes until my parents came so he had to leave. Lucas Friar left me daydreaming the rest of the day.

Lucas Friar, What are you doing to me?

/////////////

2 updates in 1 day? What? I hope you guys like this chapter. Gave you a few Rucas moments!!! I hope you liked it!

FAVORITE, COMMENT, SHARE.