Riley, please dont leave me.

Lucas POV

Right before the police cars pulled up, Brandon made a break for it. I tried to run after him but I was stopped by a police officer.

"Hey, son." He grabbed my neck collar,"What's going on here?"

I explained to him what happened,"He has my friend."

He took notes on his little notepad and nodded,"Do you have any proof of this?"

"Well, no but-"

"Then, come back to us when you have some proof," he interjected,"And stay away from that kid. If you get some proof, come back to us and we'll handle it."

I nodded, even though I didn't intend on doing any of that. I was going to find Riley. With or without the help of the police.

After a few more questions, the police went on their way. As soon as the last squad car was out of site, I starting walking the way that Brandon ran. I didn't see any abandoned buildings. Except for one. It had a sign that read "Mr.Kiles couch store." By the looks of it, it was out of business. And by the looks of this, Brandon Kiles was about to be busted.

Riley POV

I drifted in and out over the course of the next few hours. My head felt like it was going to explode. Brandon woke me a few minutes ago when ran inside as if he were running from the police. I tried to speak but I couldn't seem to get the words out. The pain in my ribs has become unbearable. It hurts to take the tiniest of breaths.

"Help..me."I muttered.

"Brandon, please," I struggled to say,"I need to go to hospital."

He glared at me with piercing eyes,"you're here to rot."

I took a breath and as I laid my head down to drift off to sleep, the doors of this abandoned ware house busted open.

"Riley!" A voice said. Lucas.

"Lu..Lucas." I muttered.

Lucas's POV

I ran and picked up Riley bridal style. I'm no doctor but just by looking at her I could tell she was seriously hurt. Her face was covered in bruises. Her leg was obviously pretty banged up.

"I'm gonna get you to a hospital, Riley." I whispered and kissed her on the forehead.

"Not so fast,friar." Brandon scowled.

As he walked towards me, a curly headed blonde attacked him. Maya. And right behind her was Mr.Matthews and at least 15 policeman.

I ran up to an officer and yelled,"She needs help!"

He quickly responded and called an ambulance. It arrived within 4 minutes. I ran as fast as I could with her in my arms to the stretcher and carefully placed her down.

"Riley, it will be okay." I promised,"You'll be okay."

I rode in the ambulance with her and held her hand. I rubbed my thumb on her hand and she grunted a few times in pain.

"Stay with me," I whispered into her ear," Riley, stay with me."

And that's when it hit me. I have feelings for Riley Matthews.

That's why I had to protect her. That's why I had to find her. I have feelings for her.

I carefully stroked her hair and her heart monitor started to speed up.

"Riley, are you okay?" I asked," say something."

She mumbled something.

"What?" I asked anxiously.

"Thank you, Lucas." Then she drifted off to sleep.

Just then, we arrived at the hospital. They quickly wheeled her into a hospital room and I followed as close behind as possible until I was stopped by a male nurse.

"I'm sorry, sir. You'll have to wait in the waiting area." He told me.

I nodded reluctantly and took a seat and waited for Mr.Matthews and Maya. Within minutes, they were there sitting right next to me.

"Thank you for calling us as soon as you found the warehouse." Mr.Matthews patted me on the back.

"Yeah, thanks." Maya gave me a tired smile.

I nodded and put my head in my hands. This has truly been a stressful and scary day.

Riley POV

When they wheeled me into the hospital, they told Lucas he couldn't come with me. I wish they hadn't done that. I wanted him with me.

When they got me to my room, I couldn't stay awake even though the nurse said it was crucial that I stayed awake. I apparently have a concussion. They ran all sorts of test. They told me have a broken kneecap, a fractured ankle, a broken wrist, 3 broken ribs, and my shoulder was out of its socket.

"Can...can I see...can I see my friends and family?" I muttered.

The nurse smiled at me,"I'll send them in. Anyone particular first?"

I nodded,"Lucas Friar."

In less than 3 minutes, Lucas was standing by my bed. I smiled at him.

"How did you find where he was hiding me?" I asked, taking tiny breaths.

"I followed him..sorta." He smiled.

"Sorta?" I yawned.

He looked me in the eye,"it's a long story."

I grabbed his hand,"I've got time."

He then told me about how he saw him at the diner and they got in a fight and the police were called.

"Wow." I said.

"Yeah." He moved a piece of hair from my face.

"Lucas," i grinned as I Struggled to sit up,"thank you. You've saved me twice this week. You're a pretty good guy."

"A pretty good guy?" He looked offended.

"Well," I laughed, "you're still labeled a player."

He stroked my hair like he did on the ambulance and my eyes squeezed shut. Within moments, I was asleep.

Lucas POV

I started to walk out of the room when Riley fell asleep and then her heart monitor flat lined.

"NURSE!" I yelled,"Help!!!"

A nurse quickly came and called a doctor. They pushed me out of the war and The doctor came in and grabbed one of those Shocky things and rubbed them together,"Clear!"

They did this multiple times and Riley did nothing.

Riley, please don't leave me.

----------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I'm sorry if this chapter isn't amazing but I hope you liked it. But hey, Lucas is finally realizing his feelings for Riley!

-will Riley be okay?
PLEASE COMMENT AND LIKE😊