Chapter 24: "Dark is the night"

[Igor's POV / 6:15 AM / Lungmen \ Igor's mind]

When I went to sleep I thought it would be a normal sleep, I was wrong. I am in a weird world of its own. It was a dead forest with a thin layer of snow covering it and a path was in front of me. I guess I've got nowhere to go so I follow the path. Weird dream already.

And I didn't notice how I got my old stuff from before the incident on me, the black and white camo, gas mask, red beret, and everything else.

Igor: What in the holy banana nut fuck.

There was a big black ball in the sky and the path I was following seemed to lead to it. Got nothing better to do so I continued to walk down the path. I checked around me and saw nobody, and yet I feel like I'm being watched or stalked. I place my hand on the holstered Makarov, preparing for anything.

Instead of something like that, I manage to get to the clearing where the ball in the sky was. It looked like something out of a literal fantasy, I mean this literally violates the laws of physics. Looking back in front of me there is a campfire right under the orb. And a person sitting on a log, I got no other choice but and went to him.

???: We've been expecting you.

Igor: What now? We? Who are you?

???: ...

I don't like where this is going, so I start to draw the pistol out to aim at him.

???: I would not advise you to do that.

Igor: Do what?

???: Threaten me.

Igor: And how do you know what will I do?

???: Simple: I am your inner consciousness.

Igor: My what now?

???: You've heard me.

He turned around and was wearing the opposite colors of my clothing, he even sounded like me.

Igor: And how should I know that this isn't some weird dream or nightmare, I've suffered from radiation poisoning multiple times and survived and now I think I believe you.

He chuckled to himself before looking back at me.

???: Those voices you've been hearing was me trying to get all of your personalities into one body.

Igor: And you should represent?

???: Wise-ass one.

Igor: How should I refer to you?

Wise-ass Igor: Wise-ass Igor.

Igor: I guess that will work. Why am I even here?

Wise-ass Igor: Come, sit with me, it will take some time.

I follow the other me to the log and we sit there, he starts to talk.

Wise-ass Igor: Listen, I know you're confused from all of this, frankly; I am too. But let's put this in a nutshell: The reason why you can hear and see us was because of the radiation and originium when you got fucked in the monolith base. You aren't infected, you've got brain damage. We can appear in real life when we want to, and only you can be able to see us, basically schizophrenia on steroids. You can also let one of the personalities control your body and then get it back when you want to during some dire situations. We will also try and help you get to your book for medicines.

Igor: Pause. I get everything else. Why the book?

Wise-ass Igor: We've seen you're memories, and only carnage is there to see. And we are all located in your brain, so trying to ignore them is quite hard.

Igor: You're disturbed by all of that?

Wise-ass Igor: Quite. We're already tired from it. Well, I should say goodbye now. You're waking up. And good luck.

[Present world]

I woke up on top of some garbage bags, they get pretty comfortable. Getting up and carrying the duffle bag with me, I head out of the city. Lungmen is beautiful to go through in my opinion. While getting to the town suburbs I found another smuggling plan. I hid behind a wall and listened to the grunts talking.

R. Grunt: So where are these weapons heading to?

G. Grunt: Well, all of these weapons go to Chernobog, but we need to go to Kazimierz first.

Kazimierz? I need to get there. Peeking over the corner I see two trucks there being filled with weapons crates. I need to wait until the guards are unable to see me. Waiting there I finally took the opportunity to enter the truck when the guards weren't looking. 

Now I need to stay out of sight until I get there. I can kill them and where is my book, two birds one stone.

[To be continued...]

----------------------------------------------

This is a short chapter I know, it was done in a hurry. I've been sick yesterday and today, got the rona virus. My brain just won't work right. And to give you a heads up about November this year. From Nov. 1st to I don't know when my entire country won't have electricity and water. Meaning I will be offline on all socials, I might be at some time due to mobile data. And no chapter until it all comes back. This also might be a hoax, I'm not sure, I've just heard it down the hallway from a family gathering. Let's just hope for the best.