Chapter twenty-two

Start from the beginning

"All right," Jeremy accepts, sitting down next to them. "What are we eating?"

"Something good," Caroline replied.

"I'm not hungry," Jensen responded.

He ignored the concerned looks.
••¤('×[¤ h̶̯̰̝̻̿̓͢ę̷̵̧̖̫̗̆̊y̯̤͑́́̓́ b̵̸͙̅̽͡ͅr̶̷̲͍̭͐̾̀͟ȍ̸̢̢̮͚̐̚t̴͕͖͓̀h̶̯̰̝̻̿̓͢ę̷̵̧̖̫̗̆̊r̶̷̲͍̭͐̾̀͟, h̶̯̰̝̻̿̓͢ę̷̵̧̖̫̗̆̊y̯̤͑́́̓́ s̩͙͖̋͛͟i̵͓͙̱͚̎͟s̩͙͖̋͛͟t̴͕͖͓̀ę̷̵̧̖̫̗̆̊r̶̷̲͍̭͐̾̀͟ ¤]×')¤••

Stefan smiled as he approached the group. "Hey."

Elena smiled back. "Hey! Look who couldn't resist an epic romance."

"Will you come take a walk with me?"

She gets up and walks with him. She takes his hand in his.

Jensen leaned over to the other two. "They make me feel lonely." He says, before looking at the two. "Wait, a fucking minute you two are dating someone. Am I the only lonely one?"
••¤('×[¤ h̶̯̰̝̻̿̓͢ę̷̵̧̖̫̗̆̊y̯̤͑́́̓́ b̵̸͙̅̽͡ͅr̶̷̲͍̭͐̾̀͟ȍ̸̢̢̮͚̐̚t̴͕͖͓̀h̶̯̰̝̻̿̓͢ę̷̵̧̖̫̗̆̊r̶̷̲͍̭͐̾̀͟, h̶̯̰̝̻̿̓͢ę̷̵̧̖̫̗̆̊y̯̤͑́́̓́ s̩͙͖̋͛͟i̵͓͙̱͚̎͟s̩͙͖̋͛͟t̴͕͖͓̀ę̷̵̧̖̫̗̆̊r̶̷̲͍̭͐̾̀͟ ¤]×')¤••

Bonnie had joined them.

"All this waiting around for news is ruining Scarlett for me," Caroline whispered.

When Jeremy's phone rings. He answers. It's Alaric. "Alaric. Hey." He paused. "She went to go see Damon. I thought that's where you were?"

"If Damon is off the rails, there is nothing you can do to stop him. Let us take care of it." Bonnie whispers to Jeremy.

"You keep doing this. You left me behind before, and guess what Jenna still died. Now I'm going to find my sister. You go ahead and you try to stop me." Jeremy walks away.

Bonnie looks at him dumbfounded.
••¤('×[¤ h̶̯̰̝̻̿̓͢ę̷̵̧̖̫̗̆̊y̯̤͑́́̓́ b̵̸͙̅̽͡ͅr̶̷̲͍̭͐̾̀͟ȍ̸̢̢̮͚̐̚t̴͕͖͓̀h̶̯̰̝̻̿̓͢ę̷̵̧̖̫̗̆̊r̶̷̲͍̭͐̾̀͟, h̶̯̰̝̻̿̓͢ę̷̵̧̖̫̗̆̊y̯̤͑́́̓́ s̩͙͖̋͛͟i̵͓͙̱͚̎͟s̩͙͖̋͛͟t̴͕͖͓̀ę̷̵̧̖̫̗̆̊r̶̷̲͍̭͐̾̀͟ ¤]×')¤••

Jensen had started to search for Jeremy, when he had gotten a call from Jeremy. "Hey, it's me. I'm with Damon at the Grill."

Then Jensen heard a gunshot. "Jeremy? Jer!" He yelled when he didn't get a reply, he immediately ran towards the Grill.

When he had gotten there, Sheriff Forbes was pressing down on a large wound through Jeremy's chest. "Jeremy!" Jensen immediately ran to Jeremy's side, grasping Jeremy's hand as his hand hovered over the wound.

"Mom. Mom, what did you do?" Caroline asked her mother.

"I was aiming for Damon."

"He still has his ring."

"She's human. The ring won't work on him. Caroline..." Bonnie says.