"Harry!"

"Sirius..!"

Just when Aine thought that it couldn't get worse, Snape appears in his memories from behind, ridiculing the boy even further. "I may vomit," he frowns in disgust. 

"Stop it!" Harry breathes, forcing the two of them out of his mind. He felt so violated and vulnerable as his teacher extract his memories, toying with them.

"Is this what you call control?" Snape questions, his eyes following Harry as he walks around his professor, attempting to leave.

"We've been at it for hours! If I could just rest!" 

"The Dark Lord isn't... Resting!" His professor catches him, backing the poor boy against the side of his table. Aine shuffles next to her friend, she calms him down by tugging on his arm before turning to Snape.

"We could just do a few minutes," she suggested, noting Harry's drained face. He even looked like he was going to collapse any second if they continued. Yet, despite her request, Snape ignored her.

He went on, driving Harry to the edge, "Do you know how much I've trained Aine before? Even back then, the girl kept on going despite her exhaustion! Don't you feel ashamed of yourself?" he scoffed at the boy, causing him to shoot daggers at the girl now. He shrugged away from Aine's touch, feeling a tiny bit of resentment toward the girl. 

Aine blinks back at Harry's actions, hurt by the look he had shown her. She slowly took a step back, clutching tightly onto her sleeves. She never wanted Snape to compare them both, each of them had its own strengths and flaws.

"You and Black... You're two of a kind!" Snape reprimanded. He taunts him, "Sentimental children forever whining about how bitterly unfair your lives have been! Well, it may have escaped your notice, but life isn't fair!" his teacher shouted at him, his words hurling straightforwardly at the boy like blades, cutting him deep. "Your blessed father knew that. In fact, he frequently saw to it!"

"My father was a great man!" Harry defended, anger blazing in his eyes. He clenched his jaw, wanting to charge at Snape.

"Your father was a swine!" Snape shoves Harry back onto the chair and the boy grunts. 

"Professor, that's enough!" Aine tried to interfere but Snape pointed his wand back at Harry.

 Legilimens—" 

"PROTEGO!" Harry counter-casted.

A bright light blinded Aine as she was sucked into Snape's memories, she shielded her face, the reality of the Potions classroom melting away like a painting. Then she heard chatterings around the space she was transported to and she peeks through her fingers. Harry was next to her and they watch a younger version of Snape, he looked around their age, fifteen or sixteen at least. He was walking with his head down the corridor, avoiding any eye contact with his peers. 

Even to the girl who was approaching him from the side, who Aine recognize as her mother in her teenage years, skipping happily over to Snape. Without realizing it, Aine whispered under her breath at the sight of her mother. "Mom..?" Her voice trembling a bit, she was so different compared to the woman she saw in her father's vision.

Aine had only seen Aris when her mother was of her age once back when she had accidentally pried into Snape's mind during her former training session. However, even Aris too was brushed away by young Snape coldly, her beaming smile dropping as she frowns at his diminishing back.

Then the scene clouded away, replaced by another of his memories. Snape sat beneath the towering Beech tree, scribbling little notes on his Potions book. Everything was peaceful until a boy's voice shouted in a distance.