Child's Play

(y/n) drowned out all sounds as she balanced on the edge of the bounty. Unlike the tea shop she was forced to maintain her position upon one leg as the breeze threatened to send her over the side. "Lloyd? Lloyd!" she heard Kai call out. She opened one eye to see what was going on. It was her first day on the bounty and she didn't know what everyone's routine was and didn't want to get in the way. "Concentrate." Kai scolded.

"Now that the bounty is in our possession again, we can train you more effectively, but you'll have to focus, one more time," Zane said positively. (y/n) perked up at the mention of training. She was promised that this would be where she would improve her skills and learn the fine art of Spinjitzu. She let down her leg as she glanced over herself. She didn't feel like the others yet, she still wore her runners, black pants and grey shirt. She wondered when she would be given a gi.

"Ah, but we've been training all day," Lloyd complained.

"It's all to get you ready to face your father, now in position" Cole encouraged. (y/n) stood at the railing upon the deck, above the Ninja, she wondered what they were going to do as they pulled their hoods on. She chuckled as Lloyd yawned and got into a fighting stance. She was curious to how this was going to go down.

Kai was the first to  lunge at him with a kick which Lloyd deflected sending the red ninja into the flood. Zane and Jay leaped at him but using spinjitzu but he sent them to the floor. (y/n) began to question how skilled the Ninja were if they were losing to a child.

Cole ran at Lloyd from behind and sent him flying. (y/n) hissed as she jumped onto the same level as them. She wanted to know how Lloyd did spinjitzu it was what she was there to Master after all. "That was fun are we done?" Lloyd asked as he got back up.

"Oh, come on you're better than this, what's on your mind?" Jay inquired.

"Well, ah... the latest issue of Starfarer came in at doomsday comics and it's a limited run so if I don't go out and get it, it's gonna sell out," Lloyd explained. (y/n) tilted her head she quite liked the starfarer series but didn't see the need lose focus because of it.

"Um?" (y/n) asked from behind them.

"Oh (y/n) when did you get here?" Kai asked.

"I've been here all morning," (y/n) huffed, "I would like to ask if you four would spar with me," she inquired with a small smile on her face.

The four-ninja looked at each other and then at (y/n) questioningly. "Sorry pipsqueak but we're busy with training Lloyd, we don't have the time to go over the ropes of basic combat with you," Cole commented and (y/n) rolled her eyes as she got into a fighting stance.

"Suit yourself but don't say we didn't warn you," Jay lectured. He let out a battle cry as he leaped at her in a sideways kick. With her hands behind her back, she stepped to the side. Jay tumbled on the ground but got back up as the Ninja circled her. (y/n) leaned backwards as Kai tried to land a punch. She stepped to the side and allowed Zane to crash into him as he missed his attack as well. Cole tried the same trick he used on Lloyd on (y/n) but instead found himself kicked into the door.

"Maybe it's the four of you that need to go back to basic combat," she teased as she poked her tongue at them.

"Remind me not to underestimate you again pipsqueak," Cole smiled as he got back up, "you pack one hell of a kick for someone so small."

"What do you think Lloyd?" (y/n) asked turning to her friend with a proud grin.

"You know what I think, all I ever do is train, all the other kids get to have fun," Lloyd blurted out as he leaned over the railings. (y/n) frowned. To her training was fun, since she had no other friends her age, she had never experienced playing games other than old style strategic games such as chess. She wondered if she was the one who spent too much time training.