1

What's the point in doing this anymore? She left years ago. But I am still so desperate spending my entire life searching for a woman that ditched me. But after this, I'm quitting. Then again, I've said that 2 years ago and here we are. I have spent my entire life since high school searching for Artemis, my girlfriend that vanished in thin air. I've been searching for her every since, and it's a waste of my time but I can't help it.

As I approached the area of my first good lead in years I saw an arrow on the ground. The same silver arrows Artemis always used. I ran forward and saw more arrows, the same ones and followed the trail to a glowing light coming from under a pile of leaves. I unveil the light and see a gem. Just as soon as I see it, I don't. My eyes closed and I am gone. I opened my eyes and saw a ridiculous world around me. Dragons, wizards, yetis, huge knights, and a shirtless man with a crown on and a sword in his hand standing in front of me. "Huh, a new hero. Let me show you round' this place."

"What do you mean? Where am I? I'm no hero." I say, confused. I'm nothing.

He taps his chest in a manner of saying 'my bad.' "Apologize, son. I didn't introduce myself. I'm the Barbarian King, and you're in our village. We fight others, increase our firepower, and that's really it. I am one of four, well now five heroes." he says as he leads me more into the village. "We lead our army into battle, and not to brag, but are the strongest people on the battlefield. Our god can upgrade us with materials, and we get stronger."

I didn't really get it but proceeded just wanting to find Arty. "Is there an Artemis in this village?" He shook his head. "Well then I need to leave. That's all I'm here for." He chuckled.

"That is not how it works. Once you're on the island, you're on the island. There's no reason to want to leave anyway, our god is one of the best. Max base and all. Well not anymore. He needs to get you to level 30. Let me show you the others. We'll go to the Archer Queen first." The words pierced my skin like knives. Everything reminded me of her. Her archery skills were unmatched. But a small part of me wonders, can it be her?

I walk with the Barbarian King to the Archer Queens podium in which she is standing nearby. "Hey, AQ!" my tour guide shouts. She turns around at the noise and that's when I know. It's my Arty. I have her back. I immediately embrace her with my arms. She reciprocates and tears start coming from both of our eyes.

"Gods, how I have missed you."