Chapter 7

The sun was blazing, birds were chirping and the sky was as blue as the eye could see. A typical summers' day for most in Japan but on this particular day; the Charity Beyblade Tournament was to be born. It was a solid 30 degrees C in Japan and a certain group of friends were terribly grateful for the air conditioned blue 8 seater minibus; that a certain Mr Dickenson had arranged for them. Tyson was staring out of the window watching as they pulled away from his dojo, enjoying the breeze of the fan above him. The bus was silent with deep thinkers and a thick mist of anticipation choked the air.

Tyson thought about how long he had waited for today. Not quite the 4th World championships he'd hoped for but this Charity Tournament was going to be "wicked." "Who will I end up facing? Gahh I don't care. I can't wait to hear my fans cheering my name." It had been a while since he was last in the public eye and missed the hype of being a major celebrity. Amongst the feelings of excitement, he was a little nervous too. He hoped and wished hard that he'd crammed enough training in and promised to give his best no matter what. He knew he could be facing tough opponents out there and although he wasn't the current World Champion, he still had a reputation to uphold. "Me and Dragoon can handle anything." He thought, clutching his Dragoon tightly in his right fist. The cap wearing young man was right; he did have a knack for pulling wins out of the bag even when it seemed impossible and the odds were stacked against him. A true underdog.

Mr Granger sat in the seat next to his beloved grandson. He was tagging along for this ride too for "moral support." Although everyone knew he just wanted to flirt with any woman who looked under 40 years old and show off in front of the cameras with his famous Grandpa Sideshow. His clowning around comprised of taking his shirt off and performing some weird circus act with his kendo stick and a straw hat. Much to Tysons' annoyance his antics would sometimes get more attention than he did. Mr Granger was well equipped for today in blue shorts, flip flops, a Hawaiian shirt with the top 3 buttons undone, kendo stick accessory and his trusty yellow straw hat.

Ray sat in the next row behind. His right hand clutched Driger and his left was laced with Mariahs' hand right. He thought about all the training he'd been doing at home, the years of mental and physical training that had made him into a much better blader than years before. He was edgier, sharper, Drigers' attacks were more focused and he barely lost a match back home. He had gained quite a reputation as the strongest beyblader in White Tiger Village. Today he was here to prove himself, move up the ranks internationally and defeat Kai and Tyson. Max too was a worthy opponent and was eager to see how he had advanced given the blade time he puts in 5 days a week in California. He grasped Driger harder and smiled as he felt a wave of electricity through his already charged body.

Mariahs' right hand was gently curled around Rays' and she glowed with how much she loved him. She was so glad to be there to experience this pre-fight buzz and that was all thanks to Ray and his idea to attend. She watched as the scenery whizzed past and could feel Galux lightly growling in her pocket. "Be patient Galux you will get your cut of flesh today. I guarantee it. Whether we win or lose though it's gunna be fun teaching those boys what hard work and endless training looks like." She purred at the thought of maybe winning this tournament herself. Tyson was hardly on top form so why the heck wouldn't she win.

The next row behind. Max was buzzing as the blonde half American boy always was before a tournament, or any beybattle for that matter. Draciel lightly hummed in his side pouch and all he could think about was competing and getting that high again. "There's nothing like stepping into a stadium and the crowds cheer so loud you can feel vibrations in your chest. I can't wait to see who I'm against first." And the realisation hit that at some point he could face Ray, Kai, Tyson and Daichi. Finally his chance to prove to himself, his Mom and the World exactly what he and his mastery of defensive style beyblading can do.