Chapter 6

It's Friday and the day before the opening ceremony of the BBA organised Charity Beyblade Tournament. The gang of beybladers plus Hilary and Kenny were not wasting any time and were up at the crack of dawn. Even Tyson and Daichi were up before 8am which was a real rarity these days. Grandpa Granger was busy with a kendo class and the guys were ripping it up in the garden which was glowing golden in the sun-rise.

Hilary and Kenny took their usual perches on the dojo veranda. Hilary sat with her skinny legs dangling off the edge and her skirt folded lady like beneath her. Kenny as per usual was cross legged tapping away furiously at Dizzi, who was on top form this morning insulting Tysons' weight and astonishment that he was up so early. Kenny had a tall cup of milk next to Dizzi which he drank in large gulps to help him get through what will be an intense day of beyblade analysis and hearing bitbeasts names being yelled out repeatedly. Hilary was cheering on the guys and watching intently for any mistakes Tyson could be making; of which there were quite a few to pick up on. His stamina was still poor, his agility was poor, his ability to think his way out of traps set by his opponents...non-existent.

"Let it Rip!" "Let it Rip!" "Let it Rip!" "Let it Rip!" "Let it Rip!"

Came 5 commands from 5 beybladers fiercely going at each other. They had one more day to train until the tournament and the pressure was on.

"Come on Tyson! Put your back into it!" Hilary yelled with a raised air punching fist.

Mariah, Tyson, Ray, Max and Daichi all stood tightly around Tysons' beydish having released their beyblades into it; with every intent on being the only one left spinning.

Galux was zipping around the beydish running circles around the boys. Max was making small movements waiting for someone to collide with him and take them out with his Heavy Viper Wall Maximum. Driger was on top form, surpassing Galux as his beyblade flew around the beydish like a comet. Strata Dragoon was on the offensive and was aiming for Tysons' Dragoon.

Tyson -"Oh no you don't!" Dragoon dodged Strata Dragoons attack.

Ray - "Get him Driger!" cried Ray as he sent Driger colliding with Strata Dragoon.

Mariah – "Go get him Galux!" The pink lynx bitbeast took no prisoners and out flew Dragoon and Strata Dragoon; hitting the dusty path with metallic thuds.

Kenny –" Tyson if you don't do better than this and get your head in the game, you are going to be out pretty quick in tomorrow's competition. I have supped Dragoon up and is the best beyblade mechanically it can be. It's YOU that needs upgrading. "

Tyson – "I know! I know!" he said as he threw his cap to the ground in anger.

"Draciel now! GET HER!" Max yelled as he commanded his green turtle to take out the pink bitbeast.

Ray – "Oh no you don't Max! DRIGER NOW!" Driger side swipped viciously at Draciel and set him flying out of the dish. "Noooo!" exclaimed Max as his green beyblade flew past his face and landed on a small patch of grass behind him.

Galux and Driger played a soft game of beyblade tag for a moment then shot to their gloating owners' fists.

Although a little peeved and scratching the back of his golden head, Max had to compliment the 2 chinese bladers - "Well played you two."

"Look at what you did to my Strata Dragoon. You'll pay for that pinky!" Daichi was hopping up and down in front of Mariah going berserk over his loss. The pink wearing female lapped up every second of her win.

Kenny – "I have to hand it to Ray and Mariah; they are a force to be reckoned with."

Hilary – "Tysons' still got a lot of training to catch up on if he stands a chance tomorrow. At least he is better than he was 2 days ago."