"Relieved? Why?"

Shit, I'm really gonna do this.

"Well... what if I told you I was like you this whole time?"

"You like boys?" She asks. I look down and nod slowly, and it doesn't take long for tears to threaten spilling from my waterline.

"Yeah." I reply with a voice crack, a tear inevitably rolling down my cheek.

Well, shit-

"Oh, Mike- don't cry." She pulls me in for a hug, and I crack a smile on her shoulder with a sniffle.

"I love you." I say to her, the words muffled as I speak against the upper sleeve of her red sweater.

"Oh so now you're capable of saying the word 'love'?" She teases, causing me to giggle.

"Yeahh but now you know I only mean it platonically." I defend, and she chuckles.

"I love you too." She replies after the laughter dies down.

As great as this is, it still doesn't change the fact that it will probably be harder to hide my sexual identity now.

"El... can we please stay together?" I gaze at her hopefully.

"Mike, I get it, but no..."

"But- we wouldn't do kissing or anything that couples d-"

"I know." She interrupts me. "It's just that... I can't keep pretending, you know?"

"What, so- you're not worried about people finding out??" I crinkle my eyebrows.

"They won't. And they won't find out about you either, trust me." She chuckles.

"What's so funny?"

"Before now, I thought you were the straightest guy ever."

"Is that supposed to be a compliment?

"I don't know-" She shrugs. "Point is, just don't worry. They won't suspect you or me."

"Okay, okay." I give in. "I'll try not to overthink it."

I guess things might actually be... okay.

"So." I start after a minute. "Max, huh?"

"I don't know... I guess my feelings for her aren't that serious anymore."

I force back a laugh, cocking my brow at her suggestively.

"What?" She asks, staring at me in confusion for a moment before swatting me.

"Ow!" I rub my arm.

"I'm serious! It's not like that anymore."

"Why did you bring it up then??"

"So that it would lead up to my confession??" She says as if it's obvious.

That's because it is.

"Oh- that makes a lot of sense, actually."

"Thank you."

She smiles, and all I can hear for a few seconds is indoor chatter coming from the living room.

"So." El says, I turn to her. "Do you have anyone on your mind?"

I smile to the indirect mention of him.

"Oh my gosh! Tell me right now." She demands, making her fingers form a gun position and holding them against my head. I grab her hand and playfully threaten to bite them off, earning a panicked laugh from her.

"STOPP I don't want your slobber all over me."

I sigh in defeat. "Fine." And place her hand back on her lap.

"You have to guess. I'm not telling you that easily." I insist.

"It's Will, isn't it?" She asks, causing my lips to part, my eyes dull in shock.

(Stop I didn't know how to describe it)

How did she-

"How dare you assume such a thing?" I respond flatly, low-key offended at how well she can read me.

"Well, am I wrong?" She raises her brows matter-of-factly. I avoid contact with her by aimlessly staring across the street.

"No..." I mumble, gaining a squeal.

"Aw that's really cute!" She places her hand on my shoulder, but I shrug her off me.

"No it's not. It's actually been hell, feeling this way..."

"Well- why?"

"Because I can't have him." I turn to her and frown softly.

"Hey, don't think like that! He might feel the same!"

"Well we just don't know that, do we?.."

"I guess not... But stay positive!" She smiles, and I give her a gentle grin.

"Okay, fine."

To Be Continued...

a.n. PLATONIC MILEVEN SUPREMACY AM I RIGHT

lmao I can't stop laughing every time I look at that pic of wyatt pls send help.

ANYGAYS hope you enjoyed this one!

<3