𝟏𝟏.

Wed. 18th September 1985 | 6:22am
Will Byers

I step into the first-class area in awe and near my seat, opening the white slide-door cabinet on the ceiling and lifting up my suitcase in attempt to put it inside.

"Lemme help you with that." Mike says, probably having noticed my struggle as he effortlessly picks it up and slides it into the small space. I cross my arms and roll my eyes at his cockiness, secretly enjoying how much of a gentleman he can be. I'll never admit that out loud, though.

On our way to California I was alone in the small room, which was awkward considering that there was a stranger in the seat beside me. It was peaceful but also slightly boring considering that I hardly had anything to do for over five hours. This time when I realise that Mike's seating area is right beside mine, it brings a stupid smile to my face.

After a couple of minutes, I look out of the window as the plane starts to depart from the hangar. I feel a grip on my arm and turn to it, Mike looking straight ahead himself with his eyes wide.

"You're scared?" I ask, accidentally snorting.

"No, of course not. Why-why would I be scared?" He defends, looking at me and letting go of my arm.

"You're totally scared." I continue with a smirk, leaning over to poke his freckled cheek teasingly.

"I'm not! Only babies are scared of planes." Mike rolls his eyes.

"Okay." I smile, finding it funny how he furrows his brows and slightly pouts when in denial. When I catch myself staring at him for a few seconds too long, I look away and look back out of the window, taking in the sunrise and natural scenery beneath me.

When the plane steadily straightens itself in the sky, I'm taken by surprise when Mike unbuckles his seatbelt and climbs over to my small living area.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"I want the window seat too." Mike grins and I playfully hit his arm at his immaturity, letting him squeeze into the seat with me regardless since we're both slightly underweight anyway, so Mike could just about fit - it was still uncomfortable, though. I don't show it but the lack of distance we have right now is causing me to scream internally.

It shouldn't though. My subconscious reminds me, causing my once-smiley face to fall.

Minutes later, I feel a weight on my shoulder and look at where it's coming from, not noticing how the temperature in my cheeks rise immediately in realisation. Mike is asleep with his head resting on me, the AC causing his raven curls to brush against my upper jaw.

I sharply exhale as he makes himself comfortable against me, closing my eyes too when realising that I have nothing better to do than sleep with him.

7:46am
Mike Wheeler

I hear distorted noises when my eyes slightly open, my dad's loud voice suddenly becoming clear when I wake up a little more.

"Michael Wheeler! Get out of there at once!" He shouts at me, causing me to jump to my feet. I turn to Will who has a panicked expression on his face, and I offer him a smile of assurance before climbing out of his seat and following my dad, who leads me to a disclosed bathroom.

"Dad, what were you doing there?" I furrow my brows.

"I was going to ask if you wanted to eat something, but it seemed you were too busy being a disgusting faggot to realise." He spits, my heart stinging to the insult.