T w e n t y - e i g h t

Start from the beginning

"Yup," I nod. "No bag?" I ask, my eyebrow raised knowingly. Harry laughs.

"No bag."

"You really wouldn't let me bring my bag? What if I want to bring it?" I question, not being able to hide my smile.

"I wouldn't let you." He says.

"But what if I am on my period and I need tampons?" I argue back, making Harry's eyes bulge out.

"Oh- uh- then- then you can bring it- I would let you bring your bag." He stutters, his cheeks turning pink. I burst out laughing.

"I'm just messing with you." I continue laughing. I love catching Harry off guard.

Harry smiles sheepishly as I quickly grab my phone, putting on my high heeled boots and jacket.

"Ready." I smile at Harry, stuffing my phone in my jacket pocket.

"Perfect." He smiles, following me out the door. I grab the keys on the table on the way out, closing and locking the door when we exit my apartment. "When are you going to tell me where we are going?" I ask, stuffing my hands in my pocket while looking at Harry.

"When we are there." He looks at me, a smirk on his face. "We're going to walk."

"Walking, huh?" I say, thinking of possibilities where we could possibly go.

As we step outside, the sun has just set past the tall buildings, the sky getting a dark blue colour. The air is chilly, after all it's winter, a small layer of snow on the ground. I suddenly question my choice of shoes, finding it a bit difficult to walk in heels on slippery side walks.

"So what did you do today?" Harry asks, starting a conversation.

"I went to yoga class, ate at the cafe I always go to, and worked." I smile. "And how about you?"

"I started classes at New York University." He smiles, his teeth all showing off.

"Oh my gosh! Congrats! How do you like it?"

"It's great! I really like it there. Lots of nice people." He smiles. I smile too, feeling genuinely happy for Harry.

"Made any new friends?"

"Yeah I did actually. He's actually from England too which is cool. His name is Louis."

"That's really nice." I say, wrapping my arm around his and laying my head down on his shoulder.

"Yeah." He breathes out. "I really like it here- in New York with you and away from my family." I nod my head, giving his arm another light squeeze.

"I like it like this too." I breathe out, looking up at Harry.

"Oh, I wanted to tell you this tonight, so I'm just going to say it now." Harry says, I straighten up, looking at him to continue. "I got the job at the music store."

"Really?!" I ask, my whole face lightening up. "That's amazing, I'm so happy for you." I say, hugging his waist.

"Thank you." He beams. "Honestly, thank you for everything. If it weren't for you I probably wouldn't be here all happy. It seems like my life is finally coming together nicely, where I have control of it and doing what I want."

"You don't need to thank me." I honestly say with a smile. "And I'm really happy to hear that. I can say the same too, actually. With you I just feel...so much better and happier."

"I'm very glad." Harry says, kissing my forehead.

We stay in a comfortable silence, walking with our arms around each other, taking in this beautiful night. My heart is leaping, jolts of energy and happiness surging inside my blood. It's really nice to be with Harry. Whenever I am with him, I just feel alive and good about myself.