(y/n) nodded, she tried to remember exactly how to make the drinks when a male customer ordered a steamroller only to mix him the wrong drink. Luckily, her co-worker was able to step in and help her.

All night she was serving drinks back and forth around the large bar when she was finally on break. She was drinking from her water bottle when a deep voice spoke up from behind her, "now i know I haven't seen a pretty face like yours before~"

Turning around, she came face to face with a young man. He had the most beautiful purple hues that seemed to glow ominously. His hair was purple and black and his lips were curled into a lazy grin. At the center of his throat was a tattoo of a hanafuda earring.

"huh?" She stupidly asked, looking momentarily lost for a moment.

He chuckled, leaning against the counter, "something tells me you're a newbie here, aren't you?" He eyed her up and down, cocking his head to the side.

Her outfit wasn't really 'bar' material.

Feeling a little exposed under his gaze even though she was wearing clothes, she eyed him warily, "what makes you say that?" She questioned, fiddling with her water bottle.

The handsome and charismatic man smirked, leaning his face close to hers, "you can't imagine how many times I've counted seeing you mess up your customer's orders." He says with a chuckle.

(y/n) froze. He was watching her? Since when? 

He rose his hands in defense at seeing her guarded expression, "I'm just observing, doll face." He chuckled, "you don't belong here. A cute girl like you needs to be working in a place where it's safe." He told her, standing back to his full height.

She was able to see how tall he was and gulped, "w-what do you know? It's kind of presumptuous of you to assume such a thing." She huffed.

In a flash, his hand touched her hair, feeling the texture as he licked his lips, eyeing her with a sly grin, "is it? You can pretend that I'm wrong but you know deep down that I'm actually right." He chuckled.

His thumb caressed the apple of her cheek gently, marveling at the softness of it. It was like a baby's bottom. "....Ran. The name's ran haitani, doll face." He introduced.

She watched his retreating figure, noticing he was going back to the vip section where there were lots of women surrounding his friends. He must be a manwhore. She huffed, continuing her job.

As the night continued on, at the vip section, Ran was watching the (h/c)-ette intently, intrigued by her appearance.

"oi, ran, it's getting late. I'm heading back, wanna join?" Sanzu and Rindou were with a sexy raven-ette, they were planning to do a threesome tonight.

Ran waved his hand in the air dismissively, not even sparing a glance at the girl they're bringing home tonight, "not interested."

sanzu and rindou had surprised expressions. Was Ran Haitani rejecting their offer to sleep with a girl tonight? That's a first.

"who are you staring at?" rindou furrowed his brows, following his gaze to the bar and onto the (h/c)-ette. His eyebrows rose high in the air, "oh, i see." He smirked, waving his brother off as he dragged sanzu and the girl away.

Meanwhile, (y/n)'s shift was over, she grabbed her bag and bid her co-workers a goodnight before stepping out of the club.

As she was walking to the bus stop, a car horn was heard, causing her to pause. A black mercedes pulled up near her, coming to a halt. The window rolled down, revealing the man from earlier, Ran Haitani.

He peered his head out, looking back and forth and raising his eyebrow, "are you walking alone? It's not safe for a woman like you at this time of night. Let me give you a ride." He offered.

(y/n) clutched her bag close to her, eyeing him, "are you crazy?! I just met you! In fact, you're the most suspicious one here!" She pointed out.

Ran shrugged, glancing to the side, "it's either coming with me or walking through that." She turned her head, seeing a couple of drunk guys lounging around where the bus stop was.

She debated on what to do before sighing and walking around to the passenger seat, getting in, "just for the record, if something happens to me, I'll call the police on you." She frowned, causing him to chuckle.

Ran glanced at her quietly, finding her expressions to be cute. "Where do you live?" He asked her, darting his eyes back to the road.

She reluctantly told him and thankfully, they made it all the way to her apartment complex in one piece. She unbuckled her seat belt and was about to leave when he gripped her wrist, "no 'thank you'?" He purred in her ear, hot breath fanning her face.

Yanking her hand away, she whispered a 'thank you' and quickly got out in a rush, climbing the stairs to her assigned room and slamming the door shut.

Ran watched her from his car, a smirk on his face. He was definitely coming back for more.

Ever since that fateful meeting, Ran begun pestering her and following her. She was confused on why he kept coming back even though she refused his advances but overtime, the more they spent with each other, the more feelings they began to develop and soon they were in love.

It was two years and a half of dating that he finally popped the question and proposed to her with a flashy diamond ring.

"will you be my haitani?"

(y/n) never regretted saying 'yes' that day.

A/n: hope you like!!!!