9

(y/n) could remember the day her and Ran met. It was approximately five years ago when he was twenty six years old and she was twenty three.

Bonten was an organization that was on the rise and slowly making a name for itself. There were so many rumors on the street about them overtaking gangs and dealing with drugs and all other illegal stuff. It wasn't actually confirmed though.

She was a freshly graduated college student and she was working a part-time job at the bar to raise money to pay back for her loans and other fees.

She was surprised the owner decided to even hire her considering her choice of clothing. She was wearing long sleeves and pants. Nevertheless, they needed employees for the night shift so she was given a chance to earn her wages.

(y/n)'s father died in an accident and her mother was in the hospital sick. She didn't have any friends so she was pretty much by herself. She lived alone at an apartment complex and had to survive on what little money she had saved up.

"yeah, mom, don't worry, i promise to be safe." She was on the phone with her mother, "it's just a night job."

"I know, dear, but the streets are dangerous at night and I don't like that you're walking home all alone." Her mother coughed onto the phone.

(y/n) was sitting in a cafe eating a tiramisu cake, "i know. I promise to watch all of my surroundings and not take things from strangers." She reassured her mother.

"Just be safe, dear." Her mother coughed into the phone. They both talked some more on the phone before she hung up.

When nightfall arrived, (y/n) was getting dressed for her first day on the job. She wore a creme short sleeved blouse with a black bow in the middle along with some pants and a pair of flats. Her hair was combed out in its natural straight hairstyle.

Since she didn't have a car yet, she took the bus to the nightclub where she'll be working at the bar. She had enough training from the bartenders so she hoped she can manage making drinks for the customers.

Arriving at the club, she glanced around for a moment admiring the exterior. The entrance was huge and had a entire line of people waiting to get inside while others were allowed easy access because of the vip passes.

Faintly she could hear loud music emitting from inside.

The doors were glass and see-through, so she could see the dark red color of the hallway inside. Flashing the bouncer and security guard her ID, she was allowed to enter with ease.

Loud booming music instantly blasted her ears as her body vibrated. She walked through the dark red hallway and into the club where her eyes were blinded with neon strobe lights and sweaty bodies dancing on the open floor.

There were vip rooms stationed a floor above and looking over the entire club. Waiter girls were passing by with trays in their hands full of drinks, they were dressed in skimpy revealing outfits.

Heading to the bar, she greeted her co-worker, hiding her anxiousness, "hey." She put her bag away and pinned her name tag to her blouse.

"you're here, great." Her female co-worker, annie, greeted, "we've got a lot of customers tonight, so I'm gonna need all hands on deck." She smiled. "It's the busiest we've had so far."