4

(y/n) stared at the luxury bags and jewelry that Ran presented to her. His face had a shit-eating grin as he watched her reaction.

She specifically remembered telling her charismatic husband not to get anything too fancy because their walk-in closet was full of so many items that could pay the mortgage of their house and pay for other things too.

"Ran...."

The elder haitani raised his hands in defense, approaching her, "i know, i know. But I couldn't help myself when I was at the store and when I saw these i just had to get it for my doll." He cooed in her ear, trying to butter her up and make her accept these gifts he sprung on her unexpectedly.

(y/n) put her hands on her hip, giving him a look before sighing in defeat, "fine, but next time please consult me before you buy anything else!"

Ran nodded in agreement, pecking the side of her head affectionately as he handed her the bag and diamond necklace with a grin.

Ran always spoils her with surprise gifts like a good husband he is. He prides himself in always providing for his sweet wife no matter what. He makes sure the (h/c)-ette will never be short of anything despite her disapproval of the lavish spending he does on a daily basis.

"anyways, later tonight we're attending a party at one of our business partners building. top floor." He informed her, getting up from his seat while fixing his tie and blazer. He had to leave soon since him and the guys have a meeting with a drug lord.

(y/n) stared at him for a moment, "party?" He nodded, picking up his briefcase. Her mind began to wander, she knew at business parties there were gonna be all kinds of hot shots there—especially women dolled up in their expensive dress hoping to catch the attention of a man there and live a life full of lavish.

She looked up at her husband when she felt his lips touch her head, his long slender fingers caressing the back of her neck, "I'll see you when i get home, yeah?" She nodded, watching Ran leave through the front door.

The elder haitani arrived at Bonten headquarters in his lamborghini, stepping out the car with a hand in his hair, looking all sexy and handsome.

As he entered the lobby, some of the female workers and assistants were swooning and giving him flirty eyes as he passed by with a nonchalant look on his face.

Recently he was assigned an assistant to help him—like the others—to manage his schedule and other important issues while he handles he most important ones.

Entering the top floor, he was about to enter his office when his assistant scrambled up from her seat, biting her lip, "g-good morning, Ran-san—" he cut her off with a sharp glare.

"as my assistant, the proper term is haitani-san. remember, you are below me." He scrutinized her before entering his office and closing it with a slam.

Settling down on his expensive leather chair, he began doing his work with a bored face, typing away on the computer as he reviewed documents and signed them with his signature.

Some of them were about new infrastructure that needed to be approved and sought over—like casinos and hotels. Others were about company trades and whatnot.

As he was on call with an important man connected with bonten, a knock was heard on his door, causing him to tilt his head back, watching with unamused eyes as his assistant walked in, "sorry to disturb you, haitani-san, but your meeting is going to start soon."

Ran said nothing as he finished up his call and got up, walking past the blonde assistant without a thank-you as he headed to the meeting room.

Entering inside, he saw kokonoi setting up a zoom camera. The meeting will happen through camera since the drug lord is in mexico and won't fly all the way to japan and vice-versa.

One by one the other executives entered the room and sat down on their seats, mikey was the last to enter. The door closed shut to give them privacy as the meeting began.

"Our specialized scientists have created a new narcotic. It increases hormones level by the notch—giving intense highs. A lot of our customers are demanding more of it so we are increasing the prices. Supply and demand."

sanzu perked up at the mention of a new drug since he lives on that shit like it's his last life.

"we can buy it off you with whatever price you want." kokonoi said. He was Bonten's money-maker so acquiring more money was like writing ABC on the back of his hand. "how much do you wager?"

Ran turned his attention to his phone since he was getting rather bored with the meeting. He got the gist of it.

Feeling a bit mischievous, he scrolled through his photos and sent his wife a picture of his naked chest that he secretly took the other day when he was showering and she was cooking. He was saving it for something like this.

(y/n), who was sitting in the park and admiring the view heard her phone chime and took a look at it. Seeing that it was a message from her husband, she opened it, only to immediately blush at the pic.

Her cheeks felt hot as she stared at the pic of Ran's naked chest, his tattoo and abs on display. Gulping, she feverishly typed back.

'Ran!!'

The elder haitani smirked, sending her more sexy pics of himself. He could already imagine the blush on his wife's cheeks. Chuckling, he put his phone away. He loved teasing her and seeing all the cute reactions she gives him.

Once the meeting is over, it was break time. Lunch. Sitting in his office, he was about to open his homemade bento box his lovely wife made and video call her when he was interrupted......by his assistant. "What?" He rudely asked her.

The assistant—kagome—blushed at the sight of Ran. She would be lying if she said she didn't find him attractive. Of course, she wasn't blind. She noticed the ring on his finger but that didn't stop her. She was going to keep pursuing him till he gets bored of his wife and comes to her. All it takes is some time and her flirty skills.

Before entering his office, she had adjusted her top—unbuttoning a few buttons to show her cleavage and hiking her pencil skirt so it could show a little bit of her panties. Might as well give him a tease and show him what he's missing out on.

She stepped in his office about to speak when Ran cut her off, narrowing his eyes, "I didn't give you permission to come in." He coldly told her. She paused, taking a step back so she was in the threshold between the office and her desk.

"sorry, sir! um....i was just wondering if you wanted to have lunch with me?" She twirled her hair anxiously, biting her lip as she fluttered her eyes.

Ran said nothing as he stared at her.

His silence caused heat to erupt down below, prompting her to clench her legs. So hot! She thought.

Faking a smile, Ran replied, "No, thanks. I'm going to video call my wife so I'd appreciate it if I could have some privacy." He told her offhandedly.

At the mention of his wife, her smile dropped, "oh." She turned to leave when he called her back.

"oh....and kagome?" Ran was twirling a pen between his fingers, his head resting on his hand, a bored look on his face, "try not to dress like a slut in front of me. It's unappealing."

Kagome felt humiliated at the commentary her boss told her and rushed out the room, "y-yes, sir!" She went into the bathroom, glaring at her reflection. She wanted Ran. If she has him, she would be set for life, she wouldn't even have to work. She'll be living a life of luxury!

She needs a plan though.

A/n: hope you like!!!!!