'Lover or a Fighter?'

Start from the beginning

"Few people, and ever fewer fourteen year olds, are controlling enough to force another person into a relationship with them under false pretences. Hunter-Rose is clearly a moral, conscious soul; but it is hard to say where Regulus Black falls. Only time will tell - is he is a lover or a fighter?" - Published by Rita Skeeter, after the backlash to her first article. Father reported to me that she was under close supervision and told to remain neutral on the 'issue'.

My mind has become littered with the assumptions and rumours made by witches and wizards who are simply trying to get by. Writing what they've been told to by their superiors, but this knowledge does not undo any damage.

This may be why, when Slughorn asked if I had read what Gertrude Plum had to say about this all, I said the following.

"Ugh, of course I have. I've read all that there is to read about it, sir, and it's tiresome. And irritating. And... sad. I cannot talk about the matter, as there is already an overwhelming amount of talk about it! I read the papers! I know what's being said. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get some air." I snap, and a deep silence falls.

With this, I remove my hand from Hunters, and I feel everyones eyes on me as I turn my back and leave.

As I make my way out of the dungeons, I catch a glimpse of my face in an oval, silver mirror that's been hung on the wall. My face is alarmingly red, and I watch as my shoulders and hands shake in frustration, my features presenting my rage.

And then, footsteps.

Turning, I hope to see Hunter, but I am instead met with Lucius and Narcissa. The former looks furious, whereas the latter seems unsure of her very presence.

I squint, awaiting the slap that will surely spread my face. And as I do, I think of Hunter's softly curled hair and the snake from the back of her dress.

This is okay, I say to myself, as this is all for her.

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

HUNTER-ROSE MOORE POV

"Miss Moore, elves have been used for centuries, and for much worse things. I assure you, they are completely content and live a high quality of life!" Slughorn smiled, as he stirred his tea.

I was the only person who remained in the room, as most people had begun to disperse ten minutes after Lucius and Narcissa dismissed themselves. The air of the meeting grew thick, and people were eager to leave.

"Sir, you know it is forced servitude. Slavery. How can your conscious remain clean when what you are doing is so evidently immoral?" I respond, now stood by the door everyone had left through.

"If the elves have no qualms with it, my dear, than it is not slavery! Go and ask any of them if they would leave, dear. They'd all refuse and look at you as if you were speaking Troll!" he answers lightly.

"Everyone can speak Troll, sir. It's just... grunting. And that's not how it works, in regards to-" I respond.

"Now, now, Hunter. This is not the time for such a debate. I do see value in your point, my dear, so I suppose I can... test out using human servants. Happy?" Slughorn asked.