'The Prank that Went Wrong'

JAMES POTTER POV

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

JAMES POTTER POV

An unusual silence was suffocating Sirius, Remus, Peter and I. A discarded piece of toast was left abandoned on my red-rimmed plate, and I found myself looking around the Great Hall.

A fifth year, one who was all too familiar to me, walked gracefully into the hall. A few heads turned, something she managed to take no notice of as she walked into the hall.

Hunts and I haven't talked since the Snivellus prank I pulled in the summer term. Whenever mum, dad and I would go to pay a visit, she'd greet my parents and casually breeze past me.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss her.

"Do you know what Hunter's issue is?" I randomly exclaimed. Remus and Sirius rolled their eyes, and Peter reluctantly looked over. They've all heard it before, but I want to get it off my chest.

"No, you've never mentioned it. Enlighten us." Peter joked, earning a chuckle from Sirius.

"Ugh, stop. She just... she's so... she thinks she's so perfect. Look at her!" The boys all turn to look at her as she chatted to Amos Diggory, who was stood over her.

"Someone save her. If you won't, I will." Sirius mumbled, turning back round.

"See! You're proving my point! She stopped being all nice to me in the summer, but we haven't properly talked to me in ages." I sulked.

"Speak for yourself. I owled her during the holidays. I think it's all in your head, mate." Remus said, picking at a piece of toast.

"Don't rub salt into his wound, Moony. He's just upset that they don't talk all the time. Probably doesn't help that Lily's started dating that Ravenclaw lad." Sirius said in a low voice.

It was true, some ratty Ravenclaw asked her out in June and she accepted. They're clearly out of the honeymoon face, so for now I'm counting down the days.

"Irrelevant! Point is, Hunter is a snob now." I blurted out.

"Who are you talking about?" I turn around, and a Scottish Slytherin boy in the year above is leaning towards me from his table.

"What's it to you?" I ask.

"Alright, calm it sugartits! Thought you were talking about Hunter-Rose." he chuckled.

"So what if I am?"

"Aye, well she's mint. Don't go slagging her off, mate." he smirked at me before turning away. I huff and follow suit, my eyes meeting an amused Sirius.

"See! The whole school loves her! It's insane." I sulk, looking back over at her. She was still talking to Diggory, although looked like she wanted him to leave.

Silence falls back over us as the school schedules are handed out. I shove mine in my bag, not thinking twice.

My eyes drift back towards Hunter. Diggory had left the conversation. As Hunter began talking to Hai, an idea came into my head.

portentous ✧जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें