Merlin x F!Reader: Remember? (Part 1)

Summary: (Y/N) Pendragon went missing, everyone thought she was dead after a while, only three people held hope that she was still alive: Arthur Pendragon, her older brother, Merlin, and Morgana.

Merlin's POV

I rushed to Arthur's chambers, upon entering Arthur looked at me. "Merlin, you were at the tavern again," Arthur started sounding annoyed as usual. I held up Arthur's lunch, "I brought your lunch, no I didn't go to the tavern". Arthur sat down in at the table in his chambers, "And here I thought your forgot." Arthur teased me. I smiled, "Well it would be good for you if I just brought you an apple and some bread." Arthur picked up his goblet and was getting ready to throw it at me. Upon seeing this, I quickly dashed to the door. "But I thought you needed your strength to help search for (Y/N) today." I quickly added. The hope that was once in his eyes quickly faded. "What's the point anymore, Merlin? It's been months since she went missing. As much as I cared about my little sister, there comes a point in which it is best to give up. . ." Arthur spoke sadly.

I never thought I would see Arthur give up on something so easily. "Arthur-" I began. Arthur shook his head, there was going to be no reasoning with him at this time. I left Arthur's chambers. I feel like I could still hear (Y/N)'s laughter in the castle at times, I looked around. "Merlin, are you okay?" The voice of Morgana came from behind me. "Arthur has given up on finding (Y/N)." I looked towards her. "I will talk to him and convince him to keep searching," Morgana reassured, "and if he doesn't, we will search ourselves."

(Y/N)'s POV

My lungs burned as I kept running as fast as I could to who knows where. I looked around the woods, I have no memory of where I am going, or who I am, just that I was held captive by cruel people. I only escaped because of a fellow captive had sacrificed themself so that I could escape. I felt tears fall as I kept running, and now I am completely lost in some woods. I kept running until I was too tired to continue to run, I sat under a tree trying to catch my breath. My eyes felt heavy, and I fell asleep under the tree.

Merlin's POV

"Merlin, ready the horses." Arthur demanded. I smiled in hope, hearing those words, that Morgana had managed to persuade him to continue the search. I quickly run off to prepare the horses.

(Timeskip)

Morgana, Arthur, and I rode into the woods in search of (Y/N).

(Y/N)'s POV

I wake to the sound of horses' hooves in the distance, fear gripped me. Thoughts rushed through my head; I get up. As I get ready to run, I see Morgana and Arthur with someone else. I see Morgana get off her horse. "Is that really you, (Y/N)?" she asks. I nodded in response and quickly head over and hugged her. "Glad you are back, (Y/N), even though your arm is bleeding," Arthur spoke up. I look at my arm, and indeed it's bleeding. "You are right, and who's he?" I point to the person the red handkerchief around his neck. Arthur, and Morgana look at me shocked as if I had done something. The person looked saddened upon hearing my question, but I didn't understand why that was. "My name is Merlin," he spoke with a saddened voice. "Let's get her to Gaius," Morgana suggests.

(A/N): EYY The first part of this all complete, well mostly, I didn't want this to be too long, so it is in parts.
Update: no clue if the image or video are showing up right.