7: "about damn time!"

Start from the beginning

"What's the plan?" Everyone looked at you, after all that arguing they hadn't used any of the ideas. Well maybe not none of them. You looked at Chris.

"We split into two groups, my lot go up this side while Uriah's group engage Eric, you'll be the diversion." You took your group (You, Chris, Tris and Four) up the stairs as the other group created the diversion and drew the fire towards them. You could hear someone on Eric's team yelling orders, a few flares were thrown so the teams were exposed and then the shooting began.

Four lead your team across the field and then you split, Tris and Four going to find Eric, you and Chris going for the flag. You ran past fights and dodged a few darts when suddenly Dan appeared.

"Tell me if this hurts." He said aiming his gun at Chris.

"You tell me." You shot him in the chest.

"Ahg." He slid down the side of a box. "You bitch."

"Asshole." Chris said shooting him again. He groaned again and dropped his gun. "That was awesome." You kept running. They had a guard at the door to the tower, they looked familiar but in the dark you couldn't really tell. "You shoot I'll go in and yell if it's clear." You nodded. Chris ran out and you shot towards the guard who ran for cover. Chris went inside the tower and you could hear groans and screams as she shot the guards. You walked over to were the door was, waiting for the all clear. Someone tapped you on the shoulder and you turned and shot. It was Peter, he was on Eric's team. You realised that he must have been to guard at the door, now you were glad you hadn't shot him.

"I'm so sorry." You said, pulling the dart out as he slid to the floor.

"It's okay. I'd rather be shot by you than shoot you." You crouched beside him. Chris was coming, you could hear her boots clanging on the stairs, you didn't have time to think about this. You kissed him. It wasn't a long kiss but it was a kiss. He looked at you. "What the-" you kissed him again and then Chris appeared.

"Whenever you're done, we have a game to win." She said rolling her eyes. She groaned as she fell to the floor. You looked to the boy next to you with a glare.

"I kissed you."

"I'm still very competitive and on the other team." You snorted and kissed him one last time before shooting his other leg. He groaned. "I'm so glad you shot me, it just confirms everything."

"What?"

"We are definitely soul mates." You laughed and ran up the stairs. Chris had stayed down stairs even though her pain had worn off. She still didn't trust Peter not to shoot you.

You climbed to the top and opened a hatch, there was another guard up there, you shot blindly as they shot back but soon both your guns clicked empty. You climbed out of the hatch kicked, Molly swung at you with the empty gun but you rolled away, getting up as she jabbed the gun towards you. You grabbed it and shoved it back towards her and she fell down the hatch. The flag was in your hands and you ran outside to show everyone.

"Whoop!" you yelled and Chris made her way up the tower to join you. People cheered for you and you saw Peter looking on proudly from the floor.

Everyone was congratulating you as you walked along with Peter. Will and Chris walked a bit ahead, and Tris and Four beyond them. Molly came over and dragged Peter with her and so you were left to walk on your own. Uriah came over to you with a few other Dauntless born.

"Hey Y/n, you wanna come with us?"

"Where we goin'?"

"A shortcut. A little Initiation ritual, Dauntless style." You nodded and he grabbed your hand and dragged you after the other Dauntless borns. You had to climb up to the top of a very high building but Uriah had you covered. "You and I got a private lift on floor 5 if you want?" you nodded, even though it was only 60 floors it was too many stairs. You followed him to a little lift and got in. Soon you were at the top. A few of the seriously fit kids were there already but it meant you got to use the short cut before a lot of people and it meant next to no queuing. Uriah got up and put on the harness, someone pushed him. You were next.

Someone put out their hand to help you up but you didn't take it. you put the harness on yourself and when they asked if you were ready you nodded they shoved you and you flew. The whole city looked so small, you passed the Erudite headquarters and soon after you were heading straight down. You screamed with joy, as you got closer you pulled the break and loosened the harness, yelled catch and dropped. People caught you and cheered, anything you did always was different.

*Back at Dauntless*

There was a party in the pit to congratulate the initiates on passing the first stage. You saw Tris, Will and Chris so made your way over to them. You passed a very drunk Four with his friends and wondered what Tris saw in him, and passed Peter and Molly who were chatting, Molly was giggling at something he said. You scoffed and walked away from them, but Peter was calling your name.

"Y/n!" he said beckoning you over. You kept walking away, you didn't need to sit with the guy you kissed and watch him flirt with someone else. "Y/n!" he got up and came over. "Hey."

"Hi." You said, voice cold.

"Congratulations. What you did earlier with Eric..." He looked at the floor and mumbled the next part but you could just hear him. "I thought it was cute." You giggled.

"Peter the, former, bully thought me standing up to Eric was cute!?" you raised an eyebrow. "Well, I'm glad."

"You were super brave tonight."

"Thanks." He stood there like he was waiting to do something but then Drew came up and told them rankings were about to be shown, Tris dragged you over to the others and Drew took Peter.

"If you are ranked above the red line you will move on to the second stage of training. If you're below it we'll waste no more time on you. Here are your rankings."

A/n: I didn't put the people who didn't get through on there so just imagine

There were cheers and whoops, Will clapped you on the back and Chris congratulated you on getting through. Peter came up to you.

"Well done."

"You 2." You laughed at your own joke as he smiled and shook his head. You stood there a while, in silence while people cheered then he couldn't stand it anymore. He pulled you close to him, cupped your cheek and kissed you. This kiss was different than the last one, it was long and passionate and you could hear Christina cheering but it wasn't for the scores anymore.

"You go gir-." Then you could tell Will had kissed her because she went completely silent. You and Peter chuckled. You cheered for Will and Chris laughing at them as well. "That was unexpected." She said, flustered. "But also... about damn time." Will laughed and you grinned as Christina looked so happy with herself.

1671 words.

A/n:

Sooooooooooo? first kiss with peter. will and chirs' first official kiss too. and you made it through to the second round of training. what did you think?

alsoooo.... we are almost halfway through the movie. (including credits so basically we are halfway!!!!!)

Love Ocean