It Wasn't Worth It. || Chapter 5

He woke up dizzy, lights dancing all over the place as he struggled to keep his eyelids open. His head was pounding, fatigue struck him like a cannonball as he tries to stand up on his own two feet. Looking around and taking his surroundings.

Oh. Technoblade's cabin.

Dream.

Of course, he's such a fool. He looked at the mirror, showing his half bandaged little face where Dream struck. The pain was still there but rather faint and a little less bloody. What on earth was I doing back there.. Tommy wakes up, throws the blanket off the bed, deciding if he's gonna get out of here before Phil and Techno notice, he walks around the room and checks if his items were secured (and his discs...), and steals a coat and run off. He doesn't deserve their help. What he did was foolish, better get out of here before he gets lectured on and told him that leave him alone, he's not worth it or it's okay Tommy, we're here for you, nothing will ever harm you again.

Lies.

He's never safe, never. He's never safe from Dream or-.. anyone. Tommy was about to leave but only be greeted by Techno, who was standing in front of him blocking his path and staring down at him. Great... Tommy knew where this is going to go but he didn't have the time for it, he didn't face Techno, he.. was ashamed of what he said earlier back there when he was here. Techno would probably just kill him right here and now or he'll ask him to leave but instead of doing that. 

"Tommy, stay." He asked him to stay, and Tommy was surprised. He wasn't mad or going to rip his spine in half? Techno walked over to one of the chairs and sat down gesturing to the other seat for Tommy to sit down, he looked at Techno feeling quite uneasy about this but he just shrugged it off as he walked over and sat down looking at Techno. It was quiet, only silence filled the atmosphere. No word came from the both of them, it's only about time one of them spoke but none of them didn't.

"How's the face," Techno asked breaking the awkward silence between them. Tommy hummed in response, not looking at Techno kicking the wooden floor with his foot. He didn't know what Techno wants but he needs to get out of here, he was not going to hurt him.. right? Tommy thought, hoping that whatever Techno has to say to him was nothing bad. Techno just sat there at the chair looking strangely at Tommy, he was quiet and so is Tommy. 

"I should go..-" Tommy said as he was about to stand up but Techno make a gesture asking him to stay. What does he want? Tommy looked at Techno; wondering if he's ever going to let him leave as he sat back down, looking at him still.

"Tommy, what you did was reckless." Techno remarked, staring at Techno but his expression wasn't angry, he was perfectly calm which surprises Tommy but also makes him a bit scared because of how calm Techno is, he kept silent looking away from him as he nods his head slightly. 

"I know.." He mumbled. 

"Then, why?" Techno asked, raising an eyebrow towards him. But he remained silent, why? That was a good question, 'why'..? Why exactly? Tommy didn't have the answer for that, but he keeps wondering about that word... 'why'. He doesn't have a clue.

The only response from him was, "I don't know."

The same answer from before, never the same. Techno looked at Tommy, still with a calm expression but he seems.. pale, almost as if he wasn't looking for the answer he was looking for; Calm, be calm, Techno. 

"It's alright. But you do know that Dream is a damn homeless psychopath just lurking, wandering, bet he still doesn't have a house." He mumbled the last part, earning a soft chuckle from Tommy.

"Tommy, think about what you're doing. This is a mad thing to do, killing Dream? By yourself? That's risky. Listen to me, if I was you. I'll just leave that blob be and if he ever shows his face.. I'll show him a piece of my mind." 

"..That is if he shows up again," Tommy muttered.

"I bet he won't, ever. Because I'm here, Phil's here, we're here." Techno smiles, reassuring Tommy that he's safe; safe with him and Phil. He will never let anyone hurt him again, especially Dream, never.

"Thanks..- About what I said-" Techno stop him, saying he forgive him for what he said. Tommy nodded, smiling in respond. As the both of them sat there in silence but to only being watched by Phil, who was hiding in the darkness listening to their every conversation. He was proud, smiling happily seeing his two boys talking to one another.. if only Wilbur was here as well, if only he was here. Those words Tommy said was still stuck in his head, constantly repeating and repeating; but that didn't bothered him at all one single bit. He could lie if he said it did bothered him, it keeps repeating in his thoughts on and on, not leaving only giving him nightmares each time and each night. But he's glad that everything has been work out between them, Tommy is alright now. But for Dream?

He's still out there, ready to strike again. He's waiting for Tommy once more, waiting to attack him. He won't let him, even though he knew he did once work with Dream but that was in the past; it doesn't matter anymore. All that matter to him was..

Tommy.