Chapter 29: The Mystic Legacy Trial (END)

Start from the beginning

Still confused—I was teleported out of the white space. When I came to, I was on a long road. I saw the remaining students stand right next to me. We stood still, unsure of what to do.

But then one of the students began to run and we all followed along. I had a gut feeling that something might begin chasing us soon. I sped up, not wanting to risk it.

Since these past few trials had been everything but easy.

——

Though the students had long since left the Island of Desires, it still existed. All of the creatures, monsters, and races in it were real. They were just unable to leave.

A breeze flew by, before materializing into a petite elf. The elf leaned against her staff, with sweat running down her forehead.

"Damn it... what did you do, Ivan?" She stared at the destroyed tower. And she let out a long, heavy sigh.

She knew where Ivan had gone. She raised her staff and sliced the air. The air began to warp—and it became a portal. She entered the portal and spotted the Dragon Lord lying on his back, clutching the side of his stomach and groaning with pain.

He lay on a carpeted floor, right by a sofa. Though there were no windows, it was a well-lit room, giving it a warm, cozy glow.

"Stay still!" A man, who looked both young and old, was trying to restrain him. But Ivan refused to go down without a fight.

"I told you... I'm fine!"

"No, you're not! I can help you—!"

"It's just a scratch!"

"A scratch shouldn't leave you moaning and groaning in pain!" The man pinned Ivan down and they fell with a thud. The elf let out another sigh.

She might've come at the wrong time.

Ivan's head jerked to where she stood and he stared at her. His face grew dark.

"Well look who we have here. Should you even be allowed to enter this place—protector?" He mocked her, but it was hard to take him seriously when he was being pinned down.

The other man grabbed Ivan's jaw, narrowing his eyes at him. "Ivan, if you don't want my hand to slip, you better shut up."

"Ack—"

The man's hand 'accidentally slipped' and he poked at Ivan's wound. Ivan let out a loud groan as he couldn't handle the pain. The man repeatedly poked his wound, clearly enjoying the sight of seeing Ivan in pain.

The elf had to put a hand on her face. She honestly couldn't take this scene seriously.

"Can you two stop... doing that here?"

The man looked up as he laid his hand on Ivan's wound. He ignored Ivan's curses. "Doing what where?"

Ivan tried to push his hand away but he was overpowered. "Stop... that... you bastard!" He tried to say but he was helpless. The elf watched the two interact with a deadpan expression.

But internally, she was scowling.

"If you want me to stop, you'll have to say please~" The man teasingly said.

Ivan, a proud dragon lord, gasped with horror. "Me? Saying please? I'd rather die—!"

"Guess I can't help you then..." He leaned against Ivan's wound, watching him wince. It was too amusing doing this. "I'll stop if you do it. No, I'll even treat you if you say sorry too."