Chapter 5

The time flew by before you even knew it. You both loaded into Robin's tios car. He drove you all their with the tickets. You and vance sat in the back with finney and robin in the front. Finney was in the middle seat between you both. You and vance were on the opposite ends. But his arm was resting atop the seat. You loved to steal glances at him. His eyebrows were so fluffy and perfect. Their was something about him. Everything was so perfect. He caught you staring and furrowed his brows. "The hell you looking at" god damn he always sounds so rude. "What does it look like I'm looking at" you give him a sarcastic smile. He rolls his eyes and stares at the window. Though every once in a while youd catch him staring. And all you could do is smile at him. That dumb smile you had. You tried to seem sarcastic about it but it was so genuine. Knowing he even looked at you made you happy.

You came to a stop and Robin's tio left for work their. He left you guys in the lot for the texas chainsaw massacre. Right next to you was grease. You three in the back got out. You helped robin and vance take the backseats out the car. It gave you all more room. You started handing out the candy all of you guys stole. "Hey since I got money do yall want some popcorn? I can get some" robin nods and so does finny. "I'll go with ya" says vance. You start walking with him to the stand that sells popcorn. "So goldie how ya feeling!" You poke his arm. "Dont call me that dumbass. And I'm fine" he rolls his eyes. He runs his arms through his hair. "Wow you're so mean to me for no reason" you pretend to be heartbroken. "Oh shut up" he shoves you forward into a small group of girls. "Oh shit sorry!" You apologize to the girl you ran into. She was a worker her name tag said 'Iris'.

"Its fine" she smiles at you and gets back behind the counter. "So, what can I get you two" she twirls her hair and winks at you. You smile a bit embarrased, it usually doesnt happen but your face heats up. "Oh- um I wanted 2 large popcorns" you smile at her. You fiddle with your fingers and look at vance. Hes glaring daggers at the lady who gives you guys popcorn. "Is that all" your hands were on the counter. She traces your fingers with the tips of hers. "Uhh yeah I'm- I'm pretty sure" you tuck your hair behind your ear. Vance grabs your arm and pulls you away. He throws the money at the worker and takes the popcorn. He drags you with him, you heard her scoff and pick up the money. "Dude what the hell that was so rude. She didnt even do anything" you pull your arm away from him. "She was being fucking weird dude. Just come on" you cross your arms and follow him. "She was just being nice" you tell him. "She was touching your hand" he hands finney the popcorn and angrily eats some. "Okay and? Maybe she was just super nice!" Popcorns thrown at you. "You're so fucking dense she was flirting idiot" he leaned back a bit. "No she wasnt" you put your hand in the popcorn you and vance were sharing. You took a small handful out of it. "Hey Y/N what's this?" Finney pulled a small paper that was tucked into his popcorn. You took it and it seemed to be a phone number. "I fucking told you" vance took the paper and crumpled it up. "So fucking what dude! Give me the paper" you try to grab the paper from vance. Robin takes the popcorn from vance so he doesnt make a mess.

You climb on vance and he reaches his hand behind him. You put your hands around his waist trying to grab the paper. When you grab it vance pins you to the ground. Your wrists in his hands and he takes the paper. He gets off of you and throws the paper somewhere. "You're such a fucking asshole vance" you cross your arms and get just looks away. You dont know why you were angry at him. You may have just been more confused. Confused as to why he even cared, but then again you didnt even want her number. You eat some of the candy from the store. The trunk wasnt too big so obviously you were still kinda close to him. The movie had started by now. It was getting suspenseful and you could feel yourself getting scared. Finally something in the movie scares you. You let out a loud scream and move towards vance. He quickly puts his arm around you. "You're fine dude. Calm down" he looked like he was trying to play cool. But he sounded so sweet. You sat their, your head on his shoulder. Eventually he even put a blanket over you two. You yawn and he holds you closer. You hear and feel his heart beating quickly. When you look up at him he swallows hardly. "Hey did we get any drinks?" You ask him. "I dont think so. But I'll go to the stand and buy some." You smile at him "thanks also. Sorry for getting mad" vance nods. You see a small smile on his face form when he looks down at you. He gets out the trunk and walks to the stand. The same girl was their still. She rolled her eyes at vance. "Hey what can I get ya" she rolls her eyes at him and continues to file her nails. "Two medium Cokes and 1 medium cherry slurpee and 1 blue raspberry slurpee also medium." He pulls the money from his wallet. The girl finishes filling up the drinks and slams them on the table. Vance hands her the money and grips her and "and dont fucking touch him next time. Got it" she tries pulling her arm away "okay geez I get it!" Vance let's go of her. He grabs the drinks and walks off. A cocky smile on his face.

He makes it back to the car and gives everyone the drinks. The movie was still going and he enjoyed the rest of it. Finney and robin ended up sharing smoothies. Y/N was still cuddled up to vance. He sipped his drink and smiled at him. "I hole you werent rude to that girl again." Vance shakes his head "I was a very kind gentlemen to her" the movie ends and you loved it. It was kinda scary but in a good way. On the way home you sat next to vance. You layed your head on his shoulder. You slowly fell asleep. You still had the blanket over you both. Underneath the blanket Vance's hand intertwined smth yours. His fingers were slender and soft. But they had a certain roughness to it.

Vance's POV:

I don't know why I even cared so much. Or why I got so angry when she touched him. Their was something about it that hurt. I could feel it in my chest, like I could feel my heart break. But instead of sad I just got angry. And when he got mad at me. I felt this weird emotion inside me. I felt bad for getting mad. But I felt so nice having him next to me. I've never felt this way for anyone. Not even someone I've dated. He made me feel special and whole. He wasnt scared or see me as a monster. And I dont want to lose him. I hope he stays here. For as long as I live.

I think, I think I love him.