Pt 5

A/N : school started up again so I might be a little slower with updates. It doesn't help that my friend broke my hand, so it's gonna take a little longer to write the next few chapters. Sorry!

Bowsers pov:
I pushed the door to the garden open. The sky was highlighted with oranges and yellows. Why did we have to meet at the garden?

I walked down the stone path and noticed it was covered in rose petals? What is this? I grumbled and followed. It led to a gorgeous cobblestone balcony with a perfect view of the sunset. Candles faintly lit up the scenic area and I noticed someone's small figure looking at the view. This human... What is she up too?

I stepped forward making the ground shake a little with every step. "It seems you've showed up." She said and turned around. She revealed a breath taking dress that hugged her tightly. The f/c accents made her eyes sparkle. I felt smoke leave my nose.

No one's pov:
"Why'd you want to meet me." Bowser huffed and crossed his arms. "I have a business proposal." Y/n sighed.

"Hmph, I don't understand why it needed to be done here, but make it quick." Bowser demanded and furrowed his brows.

Y/n sighed and looked up to meet Bowsers eyes. She revealed a huge ruby ring and looked at it shining. "Bowser, King of the Koopa's will you marry me?" She said and but her lip.

"What is this?!" Bowser's eyes widened and he stared down at the small woman. Y/N regained her composure and inhaled before speaking. "You want to rule the Mushroom Kingdom yes? And I want to unite all the Kingdoms. With this marriage you have your wish and I can finally show the Kings and Queens that we can all co-exist peacefully." Y/n said leaving Bowser silent.

"Think of this as nothing more than a marriage of convenience. I'll give you time to decide of course." Y/n said and quietly walked past Bowser.

...

Your pov:
You sat in your nightgown under your blankets with a letters in your hands. You were reading some letters your parents had written to you, before they passed. Their letters meant nothing to you. It was always about simple business exchanges, meetings, and nagging about how you couldn't even produce a heir.

However their was one letter. The last one you ever received from your mother after your father passed, it was different.

(The letter)
Dear Y/N,
     If your reading this letter that means me I have passed away and Peach has the throne. My illness has gotten worse and I am here in my death bed. It had given me a lot of time to think and contemplate my life.
     After years of spoiling your sister, she has become arrogant . She doesn't complete her paperwork and I fear the Kingdom will be left defenseless if we were to ever face a threat. You would have been a much better ruler.
     The past three years have been dull without you. You deserved more, and I know sorry cannot make up for the childhood you lost and mistreatment you've faced.
     I wish you well for your life in the Phantom Kingdom and with your husband. I hope you attended my funeral. I'm sorry.

                                - Queen Toadstool

(End of letter)

You walked over to the fireplace with the letter in hand. Only on her deathbed did she acknowledge me as a daughter. You heard the fire burn the wood that was fueling it. You stared longingly into the golden yellow and orange flames.

Sorry cannot make up for her and my fathers mistreatment. The damage was done, she and no one else can undo it. You looked down to the letter in your hand.

She doesn't deserve my forgiveness. She doesn't deserve to be redeemed...

No one has to know what she's written her eldest daughter before she died...

You slowly near your hand holding the letter closer to the fire.

"You must really hate the person who wrote that letter if you of all people are burning it." A low and deep voice said.

You gasp and jumped up whipping your head around.

There stood the beast you proposed to standing by the open door of your balcony. Your eyes widened and your eyebrows furrowed. "Did you come in through-" you said before getting interrupted.

"Yea, but that's not important." He said and walked over making your nervous. You remembered you were only in your nightgown as the King of another kingdom approached you.

"I-it's not proper to be here like this!" You said as you tried to shield your body from his eyes. What you didn't notice was his surprise from hearing you stutter. He formed a cheeky grin.

You looked back towards him to see his chest in your face. Looking up you saw smoke leave his nostrils.

Bowser's pov:
Y/n looked up at me with her shining e/c eyes. She turned away, but I put my fingers to her chin for her to face me again.

I reached for the letter but her eyes widened and she put the letter behind her back. I huffed and grabbed her hand the was holding the letter. "Hey!"

Her eyes turned blue and the whites of them turned pitch black. She used her power to push me back. She quickly turned around ready to throw the paper in the flames.

I quickly got up and wrapped my arms around her body. I snatched the letter from her held it up to my face. She kept hitting my arm and tried to escape my grasp. I began to read it.

"No don't read it! Let me go!" She cried as she clawed my arm.

...

Y/n's pov:
He finally let you go and you snatched the letter and fell to the floor holding it close to your chest. You looked to the floor in embarrassment and your eyes burned as small tears trickled down.

Suddenly you felt a large warm hand hold your shoulder. You looked up to see Bowser looking at you intensely. He took his other hand grazing his claws on your cheeks. He made sure not to hurt you and carefully wiped your tears with a smile.

"For a small puny human your quite interesting

"For a small puny human your quite interesting. I can't have my soon to be wife crying because of me." He said in his deep yet soothing voice.

Your eyes widened and mouth went agape. Before you could say anything he picked you up with his muscular arms and carried you to your bed.

Y/n's pov:
Such a strange thing. He's warm and strong, and I haven't asked him to put me down yet. For one of the most feared King's why is he so gentle? You heard his heartbeat as you leaned into his chest.

You were gently laid into your bed with him pulling the covers over you. He walked over to your balcony and said, "I'll kill however disturbs, my queen."

Like that he jumped off and you heard a loud thud following. You laid back into your bed with a confused look on your flushed face. What was that?