1. The Beginning.

Start from the beginning

Sneaking out is not something Noelle does very often. Actually, she's never done it. That night was her first time. And instead of relaxing and enjoying her first ever house party, she couldn't stop worrying about whether or not her parents would catch her in her lie.

But after a couple of shots, she started to calm down a little more and was finally able to relax enough to start enjoying herself. So much that she did things she'd never done in her life before that night.

That night was a lot of firsts for her. It was her first time sneaking out, her first time drinking to the point of getting drunk, her first time taking a hit from a blunt. Her first time kissing someone and actually enjoying it. She did all of the things she was never allowed to do growing up as the daughter of a pastor and a pastor's wife.

For that one night, she wasn't the pastor's daughter anymore. She wasn't worried about doing what she's supposed to do. That night, she did what she wanted to do.

"Okay Elly, I think you've had enough," Hope took Noelle's solo cup from her because she'd already had a few too many to drink and it was starting to show.

"I'm-" she was cut off by a very drunken burp. One where you don't know if every single ounce of alcohol you've consumed is about to come back up or not. "Fine. I'm fine."

"You're drunk. Drunk as hell."

"I'm having fun," Noelle leaned into Hope and wrapped her arms around her shoulders so their faces were only centimeters apart. Her breath reeked of alcohol, but Hope was too much of a good friend to push her away. "I'm having the most fun I've ever had in my life."

"Okay Elly," Hope couldn't help but laugh as they stumbled from the kitchen to the living room together, with Noelle's arms still wrapped around her.

Hope was tipsy, but not nearly as drunk as Noelle was. And Dwayne was perfectly sober because he drove. Well, he was sober in terms of drinking alcohol that is.

"You look so pretty tonight," Noelle whispered in Hope's ear. "Even though I know you cold as hell in that short ass skirt."

"Looking cute is worth the hypothermia."

That made Noelle laugh. Even though pretty much anything would cause her to laugh in the state she was in.

"You always look so pretty though," Noelle continued. "You're the prettiest girl I've ever seen," she said very seriously and looked her friend directly in the eyes as she said it.

Hope was about to respond when Noelle pushed away from her and held her hand over her mouth like she was about to throw up.

"Are you about to vomit?" Hope whispered to not bring any unnecessary attention to them. She didn't want her best friend to go out like that. She didn't want everyone there to remember her as a sloppy drunk who can't hold her liquor.

"I'm good," she shook her hand while holding both hands over her stomach like she was trying hard to keep it down.

"Yeah, I think it's time we get you home."

Hope wrapped an arm around Noelle's waist as they made their way through the house trying to find Dwayne.

They finally found him on the front porch talking to a group of kids that go to his school.

"Y'all ready to go?" Dwayne asked when he looked over at them and noticed that Hope was basically carrying Noelle.

"Yeah, I think she's done for the night."

"Aight. Let me just say bye," he handed Hope his keys. "I'll meet y'all at the car."

~