Chapter 11 - "Memories I Can't Forget"

~•~

~•~

A/N | TW :Chapter has descriptions of child abuse.

~•~

TOREN • POV

~ Flashback, 11 years ago ~

My arm was gripped tightly and I was dragged through the large office, the skin of my knees burning off, leaving sore, angry red-raw patches behind on the knobles. My body bashed into the leather back chairs and the large, red mahogany desk, sharp edges ploughing into my ribs and gut as I was carelessly pulled like an unfeeling rag doll towards the dark, dreaded monster in the corner.

"LET ME GO!" I screamed desperately, trying to yank myself away, kicking my legs wildly in every direction I could manage, scratching skin with my blunt fingertips, biting the flesh I could reach with my open mouth. No, no no. "I DON'T WANT TO!" I was crying so hard that I could barely breathe, my chest seizing painfully and the heaving sobs I let loose caused my vision to blur with fat, wet tears.

"MAKE HIM STOP!" Kenzo howled, running mindlessly in circles, trapped and desperate to escape. He was practically foaming at the mouth as he lost himself to the panic, his dangerous spiral only feeding my own terrified frenzy. But we couldn't. The grip on my arm was too tight, the body it was attached to was too powerfully built. I tried digging my heels into the carpet, but it was no use, my toes stubbing painfully as I was dragged along. We were getting closer and closer and the monster began to loom menacingly.

The slim, five foot tall, glinting, silver beast in the corner was opened, the door swinging wide on its hinges like a vicious snarl. The sight of dark, seemingly endless depths sent chills of unadulterated fright through my whole body and I made one last desperate attempt to escape. "I'M SORRY! I'M SO SORRY! I'LL BE GOOD I PROMISE!" I choked out, snot and saliva dripping off my chin, staining my shirt.

I was yanked around to face my captor, my chin gripped roughly with large calloused fingers and a thumb. My head was harshly tilted up, my cheeks squeezed painfully, my eyes bulging. I sobbed, sniffling pathetically as I stared up into the menacing eyes of my nightmare. My father. Step-father, but the man who'd raised me all the same. His cruel, dark brown eyes were piercing, sending petrified shock waves through my muscles, triggering my fight or flight reflux. There wasn't an ounce of sympathy on his stony expression and his thin lips curled in an intimidating snarl as he spoke.

My eyes darted frantically left and right, trying to read his lips, but I was so upset that my muddled brain couldn't decipher one, measly word. I couldn't focus, couldn't understand. The barrier between us felt impenetrable. However, there was no need to try and figure out my father's exact words in those few tense moments as his spittle splashed across my cheeks and nose. Nothing he was saying now, would be any different to the words he'd written on paper many times before. Cruel, brutal, poisonous words.