Chapter Nine: The Burning

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

(act ii)

THE BURNING

'unpleasantville and fool me once'

"Everybody's a whore, Grace. We just sell different parts of ourselves" ~ Tommy Shelby, Peaky Blinders

 We just sell different parts of ourselves" ~ Tommy Shelby, Peaky Blinders

Jeremy POV:

I was packing my stuff and getting ready to leave the classroom when a paper was thrown onto my desk. I look up and see Alaric grinning down at me. I look down at the article, pick it up, and see the giant red 'A' marked on the paper, making me smile.

I didn't think I could get an A. Thank you, Care!

"Surprised? Your thoughts are clear, and your argument is well laid out. It's just, uh, you don't actually think there are vampires in Mystic Falls." Alaric says, sitting on his desk.

I look up, grin, and say, "I know there are vamps in Mystic Falls. I'm fucking one of them. Care told me you knew. Also statistically, there's been more animal attacks, mysterious deaths, and people gone missing, more than any other place in the whole commonwealth of Virginia. So it's not hard to know about the existence of vampires."

Alaric looks stunned for a moment and asks, slightly concerned, "True. You're fucking one? Who?"

"Enzo," I say simply

He hums, and I say, "I know you fucked care."

Alaric stills, look around for other students, looks back at me with a guilty look, and says, "I'm sorry, man, she said it was all right with you. I thought it was. I'm sorry.""

I laugh at his stammering, making him stop, and tell him, "I'm joking, sir; I'm just upset I didn't get to watch or was invited."

I smirk at his guilty look turns into one of happiness and contemplativeness. I grab my bag and get up and start to leave. But Alaric coughs and says, "Oh, uh, Jeremy, the source that you cited for the 1860s info, Johnathan Gilbert...?"

I turn back around and say, "My ancestors' journal."

"I'd really like to see that sometime," he says, and I look skeptical and ask, "Really?" He nods and says, "A first-person account of the Civil War? That's porn for a history teacher."

I shrug, grab the journal from my backpack, and toss it to him, and he catches it. "If you thought my essay was weird, wait till you read that. That's my essay on steroids."

Alaric chuckles and says appreciatively, "Thank you" I nod and say, "Just don't damage it or lose it." Alaric nods, and I leave the classroom.

______________________
Timeskip ~ The Grill