Distractions | Draco x Y/n

Y/n: slytherin, 6th year, any blood status

You sit down and pull out your books. You pull out your sparkly green pen to take notes with. It was the first day of school, and you were determined to start it off on a good note.
"Hey, y/n, sitting near the front again huh?" Alison says as she sits down next to you.
Alison is your best friend who is also in slytherin, you two are inseparable.
"Oh, please! You know I get distracted so easily in class," you laugh as she mocks you for sitting in the second row from the front of the class.
"By distracted you mean distracted by a certain blonde," Alison smirks.
You immediately blush bright red and smack her shoulder.
"Oh, and look who just arrived," Alison nods over at Malfoy who had just walked into the classroom.
You watch him as he walks to a row across the classroom with his friends.
His hair fell perfectly across his face and his smile made you more smitten.
Somehow this man had glown up even more over summer break.
"Has he gotten taller?" you mutter.
"I dunno- maybe," Alison responds.
You continue watching the blonde boy catch up with his friends.
"Stop staring in awe, go say hi," Alison remarks to you.
"Alison! What if he doesn't feel the same way about me? It's been forever since that kiss in the stairwell," you blush.
"There's only one way to find out how he feels," she responds logically.
"You're right..." you say as you slump down in your seat.
"Y/n!" Draco calls out from his seat.
You sit up quickly and turn around to face him.
He gives you a dashing smile and waves.
You smile back shyly and wave.
"I guess that confirms how he feels," Alison laughs.
"Maybe," you say as you fix your hair.
You begin to write today's date on the first page of your new notebook and then realize you favorite pen had run out of ink.
You sigh and rummage through your bag for another pen but can't find one.
"Alison, mind if I borrow a pen?" you turn to your friend and ask.
"Oh, crap! I knew I was forgetting something! Could you go to the back of the class and get us both pens?" Alison asks.
"Really? You're a sixth year and you still come completely unprepared to class," you roll your eyes jokingly.
"Hey, I overslept!" she defends herself.
You get up and walk over to the back of the class where a shelf is with extra books and pens.
You pick up two pens.
"Hey, y/n!" a familiar annoying voice says loudly from behind you.
You jump and drop your pencils.
You turn around and cross your arms and look up at your ex-boyfriend, Luke.
"Luke! Get lost," you threaten him.
He was a two-timing slimeball who had the audacity to continue to flirt with you even after you made it clear you wanted nothing to do with him.
You catch Malfoy looking over at you as Luke walks away. His brow was furrowed as if he was truly focusing on the events that just conspired.
You bend over to pick up the two pens you had dropped.
"Damn," you hear the blonde say.
You immediately stand up and pull your skirt down. Was he watching you bend over?
Draco bites his lip as you walk by him.
You give him a flirty wave before going to sit back down next to Alison.
"Uh, y/n..." Alison says.
"What?" you question.
"You just had a massive wardrobe malfunction," Alison whispers.
You immediately put your hand over your mouth.
"Malfoy sure did get a nice view, thong and everything," Alison laughs quietly.
You look over at Draco across the classroom.
He had a smug grin on his face as he looked back at you.
"Oh my gosh- how did that even happen?" you say as you cross your legs.
You were so embarrassed, but Malfoy seemed to enjoy it.
You give Draco another glance and lock eyes with him and bite your lip.
...
During the entire lesson, all you could think about was Draco looking at you that way.
You figured that sitting in the front didn't do much good from keeping you distracted after all.
You pack up your books and begin to walk towards Draco's seat.
You slip him a note saying "enjoy the view today?"
He looks up at you as he takes the note.
You give him a sultry smile and wink before walking out.

(767 words)

sorry for my absence! I was taking summer courses and today was my first day of school for the year (loves it- not) 🫣

thank u for reading! 🫶🏻

Vote, comment, and follow!