00.01 | new girl next door

BOY MEETS WORLD | LOVE BIRDSseason zero - episode one" new girl next door "

season zero - episode one
" new girl next door "

— ~ — ~ — ~ — ~ — ~ — ~ —

"hey, aus?"

"yeah?"

"where's my hairbrush?"

"uh, how would i know?"

"austin..." the girl placed her hands on her hips and glared at the younger boy.

"i don't know!"

"whatever." she gave in and bent back over the box on the ground.

after a few more minutes of removing items from one of the few boxes in her room and placing them atop various pieces of furniture, alyssa's brows furrowed at the sound of voices.

she knew her brother and father were around the house unpacking, but this sounded like at least two more grown men, a younger boy, a woman, and a young child. she straightened her back and glanced in the mirror to make sure her hair didn't look too atrocious, before cautiously stepping out of her room.

the voices got louder as she approached the living and surprise filled her expression as she observed the family. she had, for the most part, guessed right based on their voices alone.

her father stood in front of the bigger family, holding her brother's shoulders as he stood in front of him.

"dad?" she asked shyly, causing her father to turn and see his daughter.

"ah, there's she is. hi, dove." he smiled at her. she smiled back and approached the other people in the room.

"hello, i'm alyssa." she said, shaking hands with the woman, man, and young boy, before turning to the other boy. he looked to be about her age.

she smiled and held out her hand, to which he shyly shook it. "i'm eric." he said.

"nice to meet you."

"likewise."

"dad, can i go play baseball now?" austin asked, turning around to his dad.

"austin—" alyssa started, but she was cut off by the other boy, who looked to be his age, too.

"you like baseball? cool, me too!"