Chapter 2: Let's find our Party, Senpai!

_________________________________________

After wandering around for a while, Naoto had once again run out of steam sitting down and leaning onto a tree. They hadn't made much progress from their starting point. They had been aimlessly wandering around the fields before deciding to huddle up in a small forest.

As they both relaxed and caught their breath, Naoto's stomach grumbled. "Agh- I'm really hungry." Naoto spoke quietly. They had been walking around for almost an hour, and Naoto hadn't eaten anything except breakfast that day until now, so the hunger was quickly catching up to him.

"Why do you never eat during lunch breaks, Senpai? Are you too busy doing pervy stuff to eat anything worthwhile?" Naoto snickered. She had seemingly gotten back her cheery attitude.

While Naoto was glad she was back to normal, he didn't appreciate being accused of doing dirty things. "Shut up. I don't eat because my parents always make too much food every time at home, so I always get my filling in the evening." He responded to her.

Nagatoro began thinking of ideas, before something clicked in her head. "Senpai! I know what to do." She said cheerfully, before checking inside her bag. She had just now realized that her bag had been transported with her, and they might have some worthwhile stuff in there.

She stuffed her hand into the bag before pulling out a Homemade Bento. She opened the small box. She was lucky to have remembered to pack chopsticks into her box, which she took out, before grabbing a rolled omelet.

"Senpai, say ahh~" Naoto turned around to see Nagatoro holding the food right in front of his face with chopsticks, along with a wide smirk on her face. Naoto's face instantly went redder than a tomato.

"I-I can feed myself, thank you very much." He said, attempting to yank away the chopsticks. Nagatoro reacted quickly and pulled them back. After multiple attempts of Naoto trying to fake the chopsticks, he was left with no energy, to which Nagatoro patted him on the head. "Either I feed you, or no food for you." She giggled.

Naoto didn't seem to lose a single ounce of embarrassment. Instead, his face only got redder and redder as he reluctantly opened his mouth, to which nagatoro fed him the omelet.

"How is it?" Nagatoro asked with a look of happiness in her eyes. She seemed to genuinely want to know what he thought of her cooking.

Naoto was still chewing though, so it took him a few more seconds to swallow his food enough to speak. "Izz Gwood." He said while still chewing.

"Good to know that even here, my food still tastes amazing." Nagatoro said, to which Naoto quietly nodded. After sharing the Bento togheter, they both relaxed for another while before standing back up and getting ready to continue their journey.
_________________________________________

"Senpai! Someone lit a campfire over there!" Naoto jumped out of excitement. They had been walking around the forest for a while now, and they hadn't really found anything yet. The most they found was a lost pouch on the ground, which was seemingly dropped by a careless explorer.

"Maybe it's one of our friends!" Naoto said, speeding up slightly. He was already tired from walking so much, and it was already starting to get dark. Even if it wasn't one of his friends, a campfire meant they could rest up and recover.

Nagatoro picked up her pace as well, instantly getting herself ahead of Naoto. "Wanna race, Senpai~? Or are you two much of a wimp?" She smirked at him as she went full speed ahead.

She was completely aware that the best way to grind his gears was to call him a wimp, which was proven when he started to pick up his pace as well, making his best to surpass her speed, but being left in the dust quickly as Nagatoro continued to run full steam ahead.