Chapter 1: Where are we, Senpai?

_________________________________________

"W-Where am I? What happened to the others? Am I dead?" Naoto's adrenaline rushed trough his body as he frantically tried to make out what just happened. One second he was at the Library with everyone else, staring at a glowing book, and the next minute, he was struck with a light so bright that it blinded him.

"I can feel my body touching the floor, so I guess I'm not dead. But this doesn't feel like the school floor." He thought to himself, his eyes still closed from the bright light. He waved his hand across the floor, feeling grass all over the place. "Where am I?" He asked himself.

After a few seconds, he was finally able to open his eyes. From what he could tell, he definitely wasn't in school, maybe not even in Japan. He simply seemed to be on a small hill of grass. The surrounding was filled with trees, Small ponds and lakes, and from the distance, he could make put what looked like a town.

It didn't look like any regular town, however. It looked more...ancient, having an almost medieval look to it. From what he could tell, the 'Town' was covered behind a big stone wall.

"Now I'm even more confused. What is this place?" He wondered. "Glowing book, engulfing light, medieval town, different location..." as Naoto thought deeper and deeper about what was happening, the puzzle started to click more and more.

There was no way. No we he could've been teleported to another world, right? This had to be some sort of dream, like the one he had that one time. Naoto wanted to convince himself this, but as far as he could tell, this was no dream. He could feel, see and hear clearly.

Before he could think more about it, he heard a voice from afar, which he instantly realized belonged to Nagatoro.

"Senpai!"

Quickly running towards where the voice came from, Naoto found nagatoro at the bottom of the Hill. Before directly approaching her, he quickly noticed that she was holding a stick while swinging it around. When he saw what she was swinging at, his theory was confirmed.

It seemed like a tiny, blue blob of Gel. It was bouncing around, getting closer to Nagatoro, who was still trying to keep it at bay with the the stick.

Seeing that she was apparently in trouble, Naoto flimsily ran down the hill, nearly tripping on his way down. "Nagatoro!" He yelled to get her attention, as he crouched down and picked up a slightly larger stick than Nagatoro's.

"Senpa-" Nagatoro was about to respond to his calling of her name before the slime jumped at her, tackling her stomach and throwing her on the ground. Seeing this, Naoto panicked, picking up his pace down the hill.

He didn't have much time to think of his next move, aware only of the fact that he had to protect Nagatoro, he quickly swiped his 'Weapon' at the slime. He ended up hitting his target, sending it flying at the floor.

Instead of attempting to finish it off, Naoto ran towards Nagatoro. "Get up, we have to go." He said with a shakey voice, holding out his hand to help her get up.

"T-Thanks, Senpai." She quickly grabbed his hand, slightly blushing, as they both ran away from the small creature.

_________________________________________

After a few minutes of running and stopping for breath, Naoto was satisfied with their distance from the monster, holding onto his legs and laying down from exhaustion. Both him and Nagatoro had calmed down enough for them to discuss what was going on.

"Senpai. Do you know what's going on? Knowing you're a loner, you probably read a lot of animes with similar stories." Nagatoro spoke with a worried tone. Despite being tossed onto this new environment, her teasing apparently didn't stay behind in the other world.