8 - I Burn For You

Start from the beginning

And he couldn't risk it when the woman he loved was inside.

Pulling the fire alarm, the sounds echoed through the place as people looked at each other in horror, and confusion. Everyone started running towards the entrance and Sunghoon stood there as he looked for Y/N. But she was nowhere to be seen.

He went back to where everyone was gathered but she wasn't there, nor Min Jun, nor the two old men. His heart started racing and he ran down the hallways to find her. He had to find her. She had to be safe.

The thought of her already out crossed his mind and he ran out of the place looking for her, yet Min Jun, his father, and Mr. Kang were standing there alone without her. Mr. Kang had worry written all over his face.

He wanted to go ask them but it would be his end because as Ujin said, he was indeed not welcome there. So, without thinking twice about the place exploding right then, he ran back inside and looked for Y/N in every corner. Until he found her running through a hallway and towards him.

Her steps came to a halt as her eyes met his and she froze. Realization seemed to hit her when she frowned. "What the fuck are you-"

"Y/N, we don't have time. The place is bombed, we have to get out quickly-"

"W-what?" Her eyes widened. "Mr. Kang... we need to get him out of here."

"Y/N!" Sunghoon slightly yelled, making her look back at him in shock. "He's out."

"But he-"

Before Y/N could continue what she was saying, Sunghoon slid an arm behind her shoulder and another one under her legs before he carried her and started running towards the exit. 

He couldn't go to the front door since he'd be caught, so he ran towards the back door and the moment he stepped out of the place, the loud sound of the place exploding was heard as the two of them fell down on the ground. 

Fire and flames were everywhere. The lovely day that was supposed to be the start of a beautiful life went down in vain as everything turned to ashes. Loud screams, the sound of fire engines' sirens, and the fire behind them; everything were horrifying.

Y/N gasped, letting out a breath as she stared at the night sky with wide eyes. Sunghoon was on top of her, hugging her closer to him and he shielded her head. She could smell his familiar scent, mixed with something else. Something new. Different. Dangerous.

But she felt safe in his arms. She knew that as long as he was there, nothing would hurt her. 

Yet she couldn't believe he wasn't a murderer. Because perhaps he didn't want her to die, and he was always saving her just so he could kill her in the end. Well, at least that was what she told herself because there was no other explanation. 

He knew he didn't care about her. And he certainly didn't love her.

"Are you okay?" He stared down at her with eyes full of worry. She almost believed him. "Are you hurt? Do you-"

"You're here." Her words made him freeze. It could have meant that she was happy to see him if it weren't for the screams and the fire that hungrily ate the place. You're here.

"Y/N, let me explain-" She pushed him off her and he winced as he fell back on the ground. She completely forgot about his wound. She almost killed him. He saved her. 

"There's-" She had mixed emotions. Was she mad at him or herself? "Mr. Kang was there! What if you hurt him, hm? What if he-"

She was crying by then, trying to calm herself down by taking deep breaths but it didn't help. The thought of Mr. Kang leaving her too hurt her. It made her heart sink to the lowest point of the ground. It haunted her.

Sunghoon just stared at her with sad eyes before he took a step closer and another until he was standing right in front of her.

"You know I would never hurt the people you love, Y/N." 

His hand rested against her cheek as he wiped her tears. They were cold against her skin, and it made a chill run down her spine as she looked into his eyes. They were full of something dangerous and mysterious and maybe something more, burning like the flames behind him did.

And Y/N could feel herself melting in his arms as he wrapped them around her. She closed her eyes, thinking that there was nothing like fitting her face into the curve of his shoulder and filling her lungs with the scent of him.

But then realization hit her and she pulled away, gasping. "Go... you should leave."

"Y/N-"

"Everyone here wants you dead." She said and she could see his jaw clench before he opened his mouth to say something. Then it closed, and he just stared at her with glistening eyes.

"Do you want me dead?" His hands turn into tight fists at the word 'you'. She didn't say anything. She couldn't. "Y/N... do you?"

His words came out as a whisper as he cupped her cheek and rested his forehead against her, making her let out a shaky breath.

"Sunghoon... go."

She could feel him tense before his hands dropped to his sides. He just kept staring into her eyes, trying to find what he was looking for, then he walked past her and away. But he was okay. He had to be okay.

Because she called him by his name.