I looked at the boy. Theodore smiled brightly, folding the corners of his eyes.

[How is it? Isn't it cool?]

Holding the boy's hand, a cool sensation flooded over me.

My body, which had been exhausted from the heat, gradually regained vitality. When I opened my eyes narrowly, a faint light flashed over our clasped hands, making me think I had seen it wrong.

[How did you do it?]

[Uh, it's a secret.]

Young Theodore smiled and winked.

Just as he didn't ask for the secret of the wound on my wrist, I didn't dig further into his secret.

Instead, he held my hand tightly and chattered, then fell asleep slowly at some point.

It was a thing of the past that I thought it would never come back again...

Stay with me while I rest. Then we'll talk about throwing the apple. What do you think?"

The voice asking again woke me up to reality.

As I stared at my clasped hands without answering, he tightened his grip on me and pulled me towards him.

As a result, my body leaned towards him.

"No?"

The languid questioning face was relaxed and confident, as if he did not expect rejection from the beginning.

He tickled my palm with his thumb mischievously, as he did when he was a child.

When we were young, he loved to touch my hands. They were not even pretty hands.

Emotions sprang up, but there was no tear in my eyes. I just nodded calmly.

Then he smiled and leaned against the wooden pole.

Watching his slowly closing eyelids, I bit my lower lip. The pretty features were still there, but he was exuding a much more masculine feeling than 10 years ago.

Softly closed eyelids and long eyelashes swaying at the end. A straight, high nose bridge and red lips that make a small breathing sound...

I stared at him and stayed by his side for a long time.

***

*Theodore's POV*

***

A regular sound of breathing leaked out between the gaping lips.

"You fell asleep...... ."

After Yvonne fell asleep, Theodore slowly opened his eyes and looked at the sleeping face.

There was no sign of the person who had just woken up from his sleep in the muffled voice.

He had never fallen asleep in the first place.

No, how could he sleep?

When the one who he had been searching for for a long time was in front of him.

"Yes, you are still alive......"

The corners of his lips curled up.

Thump. Thump.

The heartbeat that started from the clasped hands shook violently as if it shook his whole body.

Theodore carefully checked the inside of Yvonne's wrist.

The small burn mark that made his heart hurt just looking at it was still there.

"It's okay now, Yvonne. Because I found you."