"............... Are you denying what I said?"

And so it was before his recitation was even finished.

Whoosh!

The sword with blood had yet to dry, cut off the remaining man's head.

Tsk, tsk.

The sound of the small tongue clicked rang in the vacant lot.

He tried to show mercy by saving one or two people, but he killed them all. Theodore threw the sword in his hand at random.

Then the sword, which had formed by golden light, scattered and disappeared into the air.

As Theodore wiped the blood from his cheek with the back of his hand, a man in a knight's uniform approached him.

The man paused when he saw the bloodstains, and soon bowed his head, bending his knees in front of Theodore.

"Your Highness, as you said, we have found all the men of the Empress that have infiltrated your palace."

"Send them to the Empress's Palace." Theodore glanced at the still-cold corpses.

"Now? The Empress's Palace's a bit noisy. I heard that the second Prince's guest disappeared............" The man in uniform said.

"Yes, now........ ah...."

Theodore spoke halfway then paused.

"Lyndon."

Theodore called the man's name in a rather overwhelming voice.

"I think I'm in love." (Theo)

"What...?"

"Now I know what the word "love at first sight" means." (Theo)

Then Lyndon, the escort knight, looked up at Theodore with the expression of someone who had heard the scariest story in the world.

'What the hell did I just hear? Love...?'

My god, that's the word most unfit for the Prince.

How could such an emotional and soft word come out of his mouth?

But Lyndon soon lowered his head to the ground, flinched and startled by Theodore's gaze on him with a cold expression.

****

The sky was getting dark.

When I returned to the Empress's palace, there was a mad scramble to find me.

Ernst came running, sobbing, at the news that they had found me.

"Yvonne.....hic...hic."

Ernst, with his swollen eyes and red nose, came towards me and hugged me.

"Ernst?"

"I couldn't see you all of a sudden.....hic hic....I thought something happened.....hic hic...."

When I saw Ernst crying sadly, I felt a little sorry and gave him a hug.

After a few light pats on the back, Ernst slowly stopped crying.

"Why does Ernst look like a child?"

When I saw Ernst crying like a child, I felt like that boy I met earlier was more mature and out of character.

'Come to think of it, I didn't ask for his name.'

That day with the nameless boy had made a deep impression on me.

Since then, I thought about him often.

The golden eyes that folded beautifully like a crescent moon every time he smiled, his gentle and soft voice, his sweet and warm speech...