01. The black-haired Prince

Start from the beginning

[Of course. There is no way you'll marry such a devilish Prince.]

[....]

So Richard didn't deny the horrible rumors about the First Prince, after saying that Brian's cold-heartedness about marrying me off to the First Prince was false.

"He's not someone I'd run into anyway......"

As I looked out the window at the beautiful scenery, I tried to clear my mind of any thoughts of the first Prince.

'The First Prince's palace is far away from the imperial Palace, so it should be fine, right?'

Unlike the 1st Prince, who had remote place of the Imperial Palace and lived alone, the 2nd Prince Ernst, whom Yvonne was going to see now, was still very young and lived in the Empress Palace. Ernst's mother, Empress Margaret, and the former Empress's son, First Prince Theodore, did not get along very well.

So if I went to the Empress's palace, I would not encounter the first Prince. When I organized my thoughts like that, I felt a little at ease.

Before I knew it, the carriage had crossed the main gate of the Imperial Palace.

"Hey!

Ernst rushed towards me as I got out of the carriage.

"Hello, Ernst.........!"

"I missed you!"

Before I could finish my sentence, Ernst hugged me and screamed.

I struggled against the strong embrace so I pushed him away and glared at him.

"You're choking me!"

But in spite of my piercing gaze, Ernst just smiled.

"Let's play in my mother's garden!"

"Please wait a moment. I have to greet the Empress.........."

"It's okay! Mother is busy greeting guests right now! Hurry up and follow me!"

The servants of the Empress Palace chuckled as they saw me being forcibly led away by Ernst.

"Yvonne, let's play house............."

"Do you want to play hide and seek?"

I asked suddenly, cutting off Ernst's whining words, saying, "Let's play house."

"Hide and seek?"

Ernst showed his interest in the new game.

"The rules are simple. You hide while the the seeker closes his eyes and counts to one hundred."

Ernst smiled, his gorgeous white blond hair fluttering in the air.

"I'll be the seeker then!"

In the hot weather, I was lazy to move, so I made a shallow move.

While Ernst closed his eyes and counted to 100, I sneaked out of the designated space.

I found a large tree that looked like it was easy to hide, so I climbed up to get cool.

I hid myself in the shade of the tree.

"If I stay here, no one will bother me for a while!"

I chuckled, marveling at my own resourcefulness.

It was so hot so I leaned against a branch and didn't take a step outside of the shade.

After spending such a long time there, I fell asleep.

When I dozed off and woke up again....

"...?"

A dark shadow cast over me.