Chapter 12 - ...Doesn't Matter Which Version

Start from the beginning

"Hey Y/n, wanna switch?" Asked Luther slowly walking backwards, waiting for them to catch up, she sighed and walked ahead reaching the other Five in order to keep an eye on him.

The two walked beside each other silently. Again, she was not one for small talks, it was already hard for her with people that she liked, imagine with people she wasn't fond of.

"I'm the Daddy here!!!"

Eventually she did have to speak because this older-younger Five was snarkier then her Five and he had a buzzing question in the back of his mind that he absolutely had to answer.

"Who are you?" He asked, no introduction, no courtesy, just like she had met Five the first time.

"Can't tell." Was her short reply, he waited for her to explain why but she didn't entertain him in the slightest.

"Why can't you tell me?" His voice hard.

"It would change our meeting. If I tell you now, you'll not meet me in the proper way, it's already bad that you'll already know my face before the right moment. Thought you should be an expert on this Five." She said, the two finally reaching a parking lot, probably the exact spot the commission had ordered him to be. He ignored her after that, not liking her basic knowledge of time travel consequences and her veiled sarcasm.

"You two quit grab-assing we are here."

———

Y/n could just stand there and look at the two blinking from on spot to another, poor Luther grabbing his private parts after getting kicked into insensitivity. "Hey! I'm getting really sick of this."

Luther had surprisingly taken the situation under control, knocking the doppelgänger on the floor and telling Five to open the portal already. "Now. Open the portal!!" Five took a second to do so.

"Take the briefcase, stand behind me." He said towards the woman who moved swiftly, now briefcase in her hands, she held it in front of her with both hands like she was waiting for a train.

Five opened the portal, hands glowing, wind peaking up in every direction. The older but younger Five slowly coming back from the hit he had received on his face. He eyed the woman with the briefcase for a second and then, after both Luther and Five told him to get near the portal, he moved, standing close enough to the swirling blu energy.

Five looked back at Luther before telling the right calculation, Y/n patted Luther's shoulder, for once he managed to make Five understand that he could be in charge of the situation as a spotter... it only took him the bother of hitting one of them.

"It was a typo." Luther's nodded granting him permission to speak. "We put the decimal in the wrong spot, in our proof of the existence of a bound for the number of limit cycles of planar polynomial vector fields of fixed degree. We wrote down five-point-seven. It should be...

"Zero-point-five-seven." Both of them said at the same time.

"Nerds..."Muttered Y/n before a extinguisher flew out the portal knocking Luther to the floor. With the given opportunity the older looking Five sprinted towards the woman taking a hold of the briefcase, the two pulling opposite ways.

"Let. Go." He said between pulls.

"You. wish." Was her reply, the younger looking Five was at her side in a fraction of second helping her pull the briefcase out of the other's hands, it was mostly a war of tug, who would have thought that such an old looking man would be so strong? Eventually Luther managed to get up and help, he kicked the man into the portal but by doing so the two trying to keep a hold of the briefcase fell to the ground, the object slipping out of their fingers.

"We did it!" Five got up in a rush leaving the woman on the floor, he looked for the briefcase that was torn almost in half, the piece missing was teleported in 2019.

"The briefcase you idiot."

"What?" Luther looked at the briefcase that slowly stopped buzzing. "Hey, you know what? A thank-you for preserving your existence would be nice." Argued back the big man, Five muttering his same words in a voice that screamed 'are you shitting me?'

"He's not wrong, Five. I'm actually surprised you still look 13, shouldn't you like morph in a sec?" Luther helped her get up, she actually didn't expect that much strength and stumble into his big body, Five was too irritated to notice, but it felt kinda awkward between the other two.

"Sorry." They said at the same time, Five disrupting them to go see if the timeline didn't screw up. The two sided him behind the fence.

"Look, that's dad. What do we do?" Asked Luther pointing at the only person with a open umbrella on a sunny day

"Is that Diego?" Pointing in another Y/n could see someone running in full speed, crossing the road and then the grass to reach their side.

"Oh, shit."