Chapter 5 - Gala Night

"Just go change. I can't even back out, I need you."

Y/n got stuck looking into his eyes, she knew he didn't mean it like that but damn it sounded so nice to hear it. The two halted like that for a hot second before Y/n took her leaves, she grabbed the sandwich too on her way out and entered the guest room to go look inside Eleanor's wardrobe, hopping to find something she would at least tolerate.

She was surprised to find numerous outfits with pants, remembering Eleanor only in her dresses from day one, she had found it odd. Finally she found a dress of her licking. Usually woman would wear short dress up to their knees, it was a new trend in fashion, but Y/n was old fashioned, she liked those dated dresses, long, that hugged your curves until half the thighs to than continue loosely until your ankles. She had hopped for Eleanor to have one... and gosh was she lucky. It was a black dress just like that, with the smallest slit in the middle of the torso, the neck of the dress covering her from the collarbones down.

"Calm down Elliott, it was the cheapest, if they come for your neck it would be for like 20 dollars." Y/n could hear Lila's voice already echoing inside the place, she huffed struggling to zip herself up and finally she managed. She got a hold of the black heels waiting at the bottom of the wardrobe and took a white long silky cloth to put around herself, locked on her elbows.

She walked out of the room, shoes dangling from one of her hands, she walked up to the purse Elliot had set on the table after she had left it on the floor. "I got a 20 here, Elliott. If you don't want to pay for it use my money." She said slipping out a 20 dollars bill, all eyes on her when she looked up. "What?" She asked, her hair were still like she had them this morning and it was her 'I work as a nurse' style.

"That's Eleanor's... Y/n you look great in it." Elliott was star struck, he never thought he would ever seen those dresses being used again, but seeing them on Y/n, a woman that had always done so much for him, made him happy.

Five glanced at the man and then back at the young woman, he cleared his throat to catch everyones attention again. "We have to go."

"Right, with the car." Y/n took her keys out of her purse and hugged Elliott goodbye before following the others down the stairs, she was barefoot but she didn't care, heels were going to kill her sooner if she started to wear them now.

"Be careful!!"

"I will El!" And out she was out, her car already filled with three people, she opened the drivers door finding Five sitting on it. "No. Young babies don't drive." She said dropping her heels on his lap pushing him to slide to the passenger side, she wasn't going to back down, she stood there until Five sighed loudly and scooted over giving her the win.

"See? Gentle parenting always works." She chuckled starting the car and hitting the road. "I might need some indications at some point."

"That's why I was going to drive."

"My car, my rules, I personally payed for this one so you have to deal with it. Be a good map guy, yeah?" She asked, eyes never leaving the road if not to flash him a amused smile once.

They reached the place in a short time, the car stopping way before on the street, so no one would see their get away. Y/n was still barefoot, now walking on the concrete, crunched down like a spy trying to infiltrate inside a bank... well I mean, they were in a infiltration mission after all.

"So what's the plan?" Lila asked, they all had to whisper or mumble in order to not be seen or heard.

"We infiltrate, we identify, we extract. Double time." Cryptically spoke Diego making Lila look behind her at the duo, hopping that at least one of them understood the coded language.

"What the hell is he talking about?"

"Find the old man and get out fast." Translated Five for Lila.

"That's what I said... On me."

"Oh so that's what double time meant." Whispered to herself Y/n gaining all eyes on her again. "Is my first mission ok, I might be smart but I'm not a genius." Five shook his head inhaling  patience. Not only he had suspiciousness about Lila, he also had to drag another woman with no experience on a mission, what was he thinking really?

"After you." Lila invite was directed to Five, Y/n didn't care if the woman wasn't talking with her, she passed after her, the tight dress not being the most helpful think in the moment... even if it was pretty. Her and Diego could not hear what the two left behind were mumbling to each other but surely Y/n could see Five's scrunched up face and narrowed eyes, that eventually opened in irritation, suggesting that he was not happy to interact with the woman.

"The back door." Pointed Diego already walking towards it, Lila following behind him, then Diego and finally Y/n that still had to put her heels on. One after the other they enter the place and Y/n leaned on the open door to slip her shoes on her feet while Five was beside her grasping two glasses of what looked like Chardonnay. The group walked around the table scanning the surroundings, while Y/n just grabbed a small food from the buffet on the table.

"I don't see Dad anywhere." Informed Diego.

"Just keep an eye out for the Majestic Twelve, we got the upstairs. Diego, don't do anything too stupid... or at least try. Y/N." Called Five, still two glasses in his hand, the woman thought he would give one to her but he just decided to chug them down both.

"Nice." She whispered. "I'm going to get a lot of attention by walking up the stairs." Five looked at her and then around them, she was the only one dressed so formally, he could only agree at that statement. He took her by the waist, the space between them becoming smaller.

"Fake being drunk."

"What, Five we've been here 2 minutes I can't be drunk already, you drank even more then me." She hard whispered back at him that was looking everywhere but her to see if the Majestics would be around.

"Just fake it, no one is going to care, women are supposed to be lightweights with alcohol anyway." He hissed back making the girl gulp in annoyance, she leaned on him more, letting her body loose just enough to look drunk. Five held her with a harder grip, his free hand coming up to hold her by the wrist. Now that they had a good reason to head up stairs the two went their way, hiding inside the first room they could find.

As soon as they were inside they pushed each other away dusting their clothes from invisible dust. "For the record, I can hold my liquor exceptionally."

Five didn't reply, he poised his ear at the door and tried to listen for any sound passing by, and when he did he just blinked away, leaving Y/n there sitting on a bed with white covers and soft drinks on the side table.

"I can't believe this, go to a gala dressed like a princess, no dancing, no showing off, this is the worst date ever, and I haven't had much to compare. "She joked with herself pouring a glass of what looked like Rosé wine.

Hours passed and she just started to dance with herself, the music from downstair somehow filtering upstairs too. Her dance session was interrupted by a loud sound from the corridor. She walked outside too see three almost albino dudes trying to kick the asses of Five and Diego, while Lila was standing there in the middle, Diego chocking with one dude punching the guts out of him, yet the woman choose to help Five.

"Five fucking push him." Advised Y/n, the boy was too confused at seeing Lila being so able in combat he almost didn't notice the Swede getting up again behind her. Y/n took her heals of and went for a vase to help Diego but he was already free of the string choking him. The two looked at each other before Diego could start his dance with the last Swede standing, she flattened herself on a door having the two fight passed her. At one point she also threw the vase in her hands towards Diego to help him fight a little.

"You might be close enough to a batman." Diego took her hand as soon as he finished the guy and together they run down the stairs, he smiled at her for the compliment, she must have been the first one after Patch at saying something so sweet to him.

At the end everyone reached Five that had successfully made contact with the man.

"Was that him?" Asked Diego, his hand was still holding Y/n's. He tightened his grip at hearing Five's response, Y/n gripped back in a comforting way, so far she could understand that the man wasn't really their favorite person.

"Yeah."