Chapter 9 - Frozen

Start from the beginning

Five almost stepped forward to stop her, maybe he wanted her to convince him to not go, to not do what the Handler told him was necessary for him to gain a briefcase, but he hadn't he was frozen in his place and like he could have inserted his need in her head she turned around before opening the door of her car.

"I'll see you at Elliots then?" He didn't want to go, killing was never personal for him... but that didn't mean he liked to do it, he felt adrenaline yes but... the blood the bodies, he was going to see them every time he'd lock eyes with her, he knew that. Five couldn't reply, his throat was stuck, maybe is unconscious still wanted her to just pull him out of his stubbornness.

"Alright..." She mumbled to herself under the persistent eyes of the guy that didn't even reply out of courtesy, her mouth pressed on a thin line and she opened the car door, sitting herself inside. One last hopeful glance flew up towards Five, his hand twitched, he's eyes playing tricks on him, because for a second he had seen blood on the car sit and her head fallen backwards with her throat sipping red. The car started, he rose back to reality and she left him, made a 'U' turn in front of the building and headed back to Elliot's, her gaze still on him through the small mirror hanging from the ceiling. She could only hope that his plan could be the final act that managed to bring them back home.

———

Y/n entered Elliot's shop after a ride back to her mom's house, she had packed a set of clothes in her trunk and finally said goodbye to her mother, hopping that she would be back after domesday all intact.

She inserted the keys on the front door, she opened it, the usual bell sound echoing in the place, she could hear gibbering voices coming from upstairs. When she looked up she was greated with a Diego leaning on the railing looking at something on the floor.

"No... this is the work of a psychopath." This was Luther's voice, as she had figured the two were there because they did not have a house to go back to like Vanya and Allison.

"What's the work of a psychopath?" Asked Y/n looking up at Diego, he had just muttered 'Öga for Öga' and the girl didn't even know what language he was speaking.

"Uh..." Luther was at loss of words, Y/n just narrowed her eyes at him in confusion for the dragging of the sound coming out of his mouth. She looked down spotting the big letters drawn on the floor with blood, she stepped backwards, on of her shoes leaving it print on the floor. She was quick to take her shoes off, panic slowly creeping in her, that was the blood of someone, she run up the stairs, loads of questions ready.

"No wait." Luther stopped her before she could fully reach the floor, Diego behind him still thinking about the name, was that even a name? "E...Elliott is sleeping on the sofa with his mouth wide open, you don't want to see that."

"You think I haven't already seen him like that? Get out of the way Luther, who's blood is that?" She asked pointing down at the letters on the floor, he gasped not knowing how to deliver, so Diego did it for him.

"Who ever wrote that on the floor killed Elliott." Said Diego. Y/n panicked even more, she squeezed herself in the small space between Luther end the wall and covered her mouth at the sight of Elliott's stranded on the dentist chair of his father, a blanket over him but some stuff sticking out on the area of his head.

"Oh, Lord..." She said, sound muffled through her hand, a sob broke out of her throat. She had to turn around, she couldn't look at him like that. The two at seeing her in distress started to frantically find this lady Öga Foröga. They left her beside the body, stupid fucking move, and dived in the telephone directory to search for the woman.

Y/n had no ears to listen to them, her own thoughts running wild, her memories with the man and now he was dead beside her, she was tempted to see the state he was in but she had figured that if the culprit pushed himself to use Elliott's blood to leave a message then his body was not left in a nice state.

A woosh ranged into the woman's ears and almost silent steps walked up the stairs. Five noticed Y/n leaning on the rail, on of her hand covering her face like she was holding herself from puking out her last meal. He then noticed the covered body.

"Y/n?" He asked not receiving a reply so he uncovered the unidentified body and sweared. "Damn..." Five walked around to hide the briefcase before laying a hand on Y/n's shoulder startling her out of her mind. She swatted his hand in panic and apologized trying to not look at Elliott's direction. It didn't turn out to be hard because Five in front of her was covered in blood too, it just seemed like it wasn't his.

"What did you do?" She asked now feeling another knot in her stomach, a wild thought crossed her mind, she just buried it deep in her mind drawers. There was no reason for Five to kill Elliott, she was just getting paranoid, for the first time actually.

"No time, and this time I'm for real." He said grasping her wrist, pulling her with him to the two macho's calling the wrong person. "Hey. It's Öga For Öga, idiots. Swedish for 'An eye for an eye.' It means the Swedes killed Elliott." Five took his blazer of and his over shirt too. Y/n just looked at the three of them, her mind having a hard time staying in their reality.

"Uh, you have some blood on you." Luther pointed out after finally looking at his brother. That snapped Y/n back to reality.

"A lot of blood, actually." Diego added, Five just glared at them, he took the woman's wrist and dragged her in the bathroom with him, on the other hand another white shirt, taken from who knows were.

"Five, what did you do?"