CHAPTER SEVEN: Till the end of the line.

Pepper was gaining confidence in her skills after her last lesson with Paintbrush,

For all the things that pepper had to learn, and simply didn't understand, she was very good at recognizing patterns, how certain notes have a tendency to flow into another, being able to connect what's on the paper to the strings very easily,

it was making sure she held down the strings, to let them ring out, or placing her fingers on the right string without looking too often. easily put, her mind was in it, her body? not so much.

but yesterday the hour went by fast, and with her newfound courage Pepper happily skipped beside Salt, they were both wearing matching bikinis, pink and purple respectively.

the pair walked down the hall to the rooftop pool, and when reaching the twin glass doors Salt spun on one foot, causing Pepper to jolt back as Salt swung a finger to her face.

"Okay, like remember the plan. you get OJ and Paper working, and in a while, once OJ looks tired, I'll ask him to join us in the hot tub. after that, you keep Paper out of view. BOOM then I'll be in a hot tub with OJ!"

Salt drew out her plan in the air, ending with a twirl. She had planned this whole thing out, and try as Pepper might to change it so they could at least be in the same place together, she was set in it, Pepper had questioned how long she had thought about this specific scenario.

"Of course!" Pepper balled her fist up and threw it in the air in solidarity with Salt, who grabbed her lower hand and pulled Pepper with a "Ready?"

"Ready!" she smiled back

It was late Yesterday at dinner when OJ announced since the weather was going to be so nice he was going to host a casual pool party,

and when Salt and Pepper flung open the doors to the poolside practically everyone was there, people were sunbathing, playing volleyball in the pool, and some people had drinks either at the bar or floating with them in tubes in the water.

Salt started again "O. M. G. lets go get smoothies!" she cheered and bounced over still dragging Pepper behind her,

Pepper looked at the way the warm sun glistened and shone around Salt, she was always so pretty in the sunlight to her. every step had the sun dance around her rim in a mesmerizing way. Even if it wasn't for as long as she'd like it to be, Pepper was happy she'd get to be out here with Salt today, skipping with her in her shadow.

"heyyy can I uhhh get a strawberry mango smoothie or whatever that one is?" Salt stated to a clearly slightly overworked Paper,

"o-oh yeah of course!" Paper went to pull out the ingredients from the tropical-styled building

"Pepper, what do you want?"

"Ohh uh I dunno, maybe I'll decide something later." Pepper shrugged, she just didn't have room for a smoothie at the moment,

"Pepper it is totally cool, I'll get you something! Paper, can you make it two strawberry mangos, thanks!" Paper held a thumbs up from behind the counter.

"O-oh thanks Salty Salt!"

"Nooo problem bestie! You wait here, I'm gonna go set up my post at the hot tub!" Salt winked and spun on her heel and headed over to the hot tub to start enacting her agenda.

Meanwhile, Pepper was left at the drink cabana, she leaned back onto the bar and watched groups of people in the big pool playing, test-tube and fan were stacked, and facing them was knife on top of pickle, they were playing chicken, Pepper could already assume who was going to win between those two matchups, and rolled her eyes.