Chapter 6: Recruiting

A door opens and Akemi walks into Ming Bao's office

Ming Bao sitting down writing on paper then looks up and sees Akemi "Ah, Akemi what brings you here?"

Akemi: "I have a question for you fatty" he walks to the chair in front of Ming Bao's desk and sits down"

Ming Bao: "Sure"

Akemi: "What is the purpose of a guild?"

Ming Bao stares at Akemi with a blank expression

Akemi: "W-why are you looking at me like that?"

Ming Bao pinches his nose with his left hand and sighs "hold on, you mean to tell me you became a hunter without knowing one of the most basic things?"

Akemi: "Exactly"

Ming Bao: "...A-anyway where do I start?" he thinks for a second "Ah ok, a guild is a group of hunters created by one hunter which is the guild master, the guild master creates the guild then recruits other hunters to their guild"

Akemi: "Unhuh"

Ming Bao: " A guild pays the hunters extra money for being there as well, that's why people try to become higher ranking hunters to join a big guild, the bigger the guild the more money hunters receive"

Akemi: "it just sounds like a job"

Ming Bao: "W-well there are many perks to being in a big guild obviously like guilds are able to purchase rifts, create parties easier, share information amongst each other, buy huge properties, and some guilds are more popular than even celebrities so they can get sponsors from big companies. Just by joining a big guild one can live out their life peacefully and take care of themselves or their families with little effort. It's a dream for any hunter."

Akemi: "...What do you mean by buying rifts"

Ming Bao: "Huh? Out of everything I said, is that the only think you heard?"

Akemi: "The other stuff means nothing; I can take care of myself with what I have now"

Ming Bao sighs "Okay, when guilds buy rifts, it means solo hunters or hunters from other guilds cannot enter that rift. It's like making the rift exclusive to only that guild. Some guilds use that as a way to monopolize rifts"

Akemi: "What about the rifts I've been entering then?" 

Ming Bao: "Those were rifts that were either newly formed or no guild wanted them, so they let them be."

Akemi: "I see, what if a hunter enters a rift owned by another guild without their consent"

Ming Bao: " It would be like spitting in the face of the guild, so some guilds hunt down those hunters"

Akemi: "Hmm, what requirements are there to creating a guild?"

Ming Bao drops his pen "Huh" after a short pause "ARE YOU TRYING TO CREATE A GUILD!?"