Jhun Thai 0: The Fall Of Thomas Brady

His name was Thomas Brady and he was the local kicboxing champion of Stoke-On-Trent. At this moment in time, he was winning. His opponent was against the ropes, battered and bruised. Perfectly ripe for the taking. The fight had been long and hard but Thomas was beggining to gain control and overpower his opponent. He knew the fight was drawing to a close and that victory was only a stone throw away. This was his night and he could feel it in the air around him.

The new Evolution sports arena in Hanley was heaving with life, with more than a hundred screaming fans all cheering Thomas on. And it felt electrifying to Thomas, like as if every scream and shout from his legions of fans was giving him energy. The strength to push on relentlessly against a powerful and stronger opponent. He always drew strength from the crowd, and it had become invaluable against his battles with larger and more powerful opponents. Especially the one he was facing right now.

His adversary was a resident of Thailand, and one of the their best Muay Thai fighters. He looked big, standing at almost six feet tall with a finely toned body that was decorated from chest to arms with dragon tattoo's. He had long hair that came down to his shoulders and a face that looked like it had been hit one too many times. Any onlooker would easily have mistaken him for a Yakazu or Triad enforcer because of his intimidating looks. But not to Thomas. This was the kind of challenge he realished.

It had been his wish for months to fight against a proper Muay Thai fighter from Thailand and after weeks of trying to persuade his manger, Angus Williams, one of Staffordshires top boxing and kickboxing fight promoters, his wish soon became a reality. He was sitting at ringside in the packed out Evolution Areana. In Thomas's corner was his younger brother, Travis Brady and his personal Trainer, Douglas Dreiber. They were all screaming Thomas on, urging him to continue his relentless onslaught against his opponent who was now stumbling against the ropes trying to regain his senses.

"Keep going!" shouted Dreiber amidst the screams of all of Thomas's fight fans.

Instead of doing what his trainer told him, Thomas raised both his arms to the crowd and screamed a victory cry which sounded like a long 'woooooo!' He felt like he was on fire, as if the atmosphere itself was electrically charged, the crowds frenzied support elevating him to a new level. That was until he felt a blow to his chest. The Thai fighter was now on his feet and he had caught Thomas unawares with a crunching round kick to his chest. It sent Thomas staggering backwards, winding him slightly. Before he could even catch his breath, his opponent had followed up his attack with a few well placed punches to his midriff, ribs, chest and chin before a big elbow to his nose. Thomas was knocked to the floor, much to the shock of everyone watching. He could hear the referee standing over him, making the slow count to ten. Desparately, Thomas reached out and grabbed the ropes with both hands and clambered back to his feet. he felt dizzer and slightly disorientated, the world spinning slightly. The ref continued his count, holding out both gloved fingers and counting down until he reached eight and then he checked Thomas again for any signs of injury before waving him to continue.

Putting his guard back up, Thomas went towards his opponent who was taunting him, waving him forwards as if to say "I can give as much as I can get" It was only at this moment that the bell rang to signal the end of another round.

Tired and groggy, Thomas made his way back to his corner.

"Are you fucking crazy?" his brother screamed at him as he took out Thomas's gumshield. "You should know better than to showboat in a fight with a Thai boxer".

"Relax," Thomas said, taking a swig of water from a bottle Travis had given him. "I got it all under control. He's ready for the taking".

His trainer Douglas splashed a handful of water over Thomas's face as if to wake him up. "Pay attention to what you are doing in that ring!" he growled at Thomas. "You can celebrate and showboat as much as you want after the fight. But when you are in that ring, you fight or you are going to be on that floor with a massive hangover!"