Jhun Thai 0 Chapter 12

Thomas was arrested that night for destruction to property, assault and grevious bodily harm. He spent the whole night in a prison cell, still dressed in the same blue kicking pants that he had used to fight Portland with in the ring. They were now ragged, torn and dirty and Thomas's skin was cut and bruised. He had a doctor examine him the night before and performed some surgery to remove any bits of glass that had been embedded in his flesh. Most of his cuts were covered with plasters, none really serious enough to warrant a stay overnight in hospital. Apart from a slight case of concussion, Thomas was given a clean bill of health.

The other people he had assaulted though did not get off so lightly. Both Portland and Tudor were in hospital. Portland was in a stable state, but Tudor was in a coma, his condition considered serious. The other four bouncers had minor cuts and bruises and were released only a few hours after having their injuries treated.

As Thomas lay on a matted bed in his prison cell, he went over in his mind, the events of last night, trying to understand what had driven him to commit such a terrible act. He knew both Portland and Tudor were nasty pieces of work and had both come from criminal backgrounds, but he also knew that neither deserved the kind of punishment he had delivered to them. Everything in his life had come crashing down that night. He had not only lost his title, but more importantly, the respect of all his loyal fans, as well as his own family and friends.

It had not yet sunken in with Thomas. Perhaps it was just the shock of it all, and the realisation had yet to sink in. He did know that things would never be the same again. What he would do after that remained a mystery to him. The idea of life in jail did not appeal to him in the slightest, but he deserved and he knew it.

"Mr Brady," came a voice from the prison cell doors.

Thomas looked up with tired and weary eye's. He saw a police officer standing at the door with a key and was unlocking the cell door.

"What's going on?" Thomas asked the officer.

"Looks like it's your lucky day," said the officer.

He took a step back and a tall man in a grey suit, with dark thick hair and a beard stepped into the cell and walked a few feet to Thomas. He had briefcase in one hand and a plastic bag with clothing in the other. He tossed the plastic bag towards Thomas. Thomas looked at him for a second and then a memory came to him, a dream that he remembered all too well, running through fog, seeing a man in a dark cape and top hat shoot him with a fake gun that shot out a small flag with the words BANG on it.

Thomas shook his head, putting the thought to the back of his mind. He had too much on his mind to even give it any thought.

Looking down at the bag, Thomas recognised them as his clothes.

He looked up again at the man standing in front of him.

"My name is Mr West," he said to Thomas. "I'm a friend of your fight promoter, Mr Angus Williams. We've managed to secure bail and drop the charges against you".

Thomas sat upright on his bed, his head trying to take in what was being said. "What? I-I'm not going to jail?"
"We, myself, your trainer Douglas Drieber and Angus Williams, spoke to Tudors employers last night as well as Portland and Tudors family lawyers to try and negotiate a deal on your behalf," said Mr West. "We were quite successful in stopping charges being made against you. However, you have not gotten off this too lightly. You have been fined in excess of three hundred and fifty thousand pounds for the damages to the nightclub and compensation to the four bouncers you assaulted and Jon Portland. Most of the money will go to the family of Mark Tudor. Your fight promoter footed the bill, but had to sell his business in order to meet the costs. As a result, you have lost your license to fight in the ring and the ban for taking part in any form of martial art tournament and event is absolute. For now, you will remain under observation from the police and will have to complete eight days of community service to help repair the damages done to the nightclub. Other then that, you are free to go Mr Brady".

Jhun Thai O: The Fall Of Thomas Bradyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें